2014 Explorer ABS / AdvanceTrac issues | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Explorer ABS / AdvanceTrac issues

abrezinsky

Reaction score
On start I get the following warnings on the dash display: Check Brake System, Hill Descent Control FAULT, Service AdvanceTrac, Terrain Management System FAULT. The brake, ABS, traction control and stability control warning lights are lit.

I scanned with FORscan Lite and pulled the code U3000:41-AB out of the ABS module. Based on some searching it looks like people sometimes get that with a bad battery. I had the battery tested and there's no problem. The connections are all corrosion free and tight.

Any ideas on what to look at next?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Follow up for anyone that is experiencing the same issue. I broke down and took it to the dealer. They found the ABS computer's EEPROM was corrupted and required a re-flash. They believe it was possibly due to an electrical disturbance at the wrong time in the boot cycle which corrupted the unit. Total cost was $200 for diagnosis and the flashing. It's been holding for the past month without any problems.

Follow up for anyone that is experiencing the same issue. I broke down and took it to the dealer. They found the ABS computer's EEPROM was corrupted and required a re-flash. They believe it was possibly due to an electrical disturbance at the wrong time in the boot cycle which corrupted the unit. Total cost was $200 for diagnosis and the flashing. It's been holding for the past month without any problems.

Thank you for posting a follow up! It is very rare and much appreciated when that happens!

On start I get the following warnings on the dash display: Check Brake System, Hill Descent Control FAULT, Service AdvanceTrac, Terrain Management System FAULT. The brake, ABS, traction control and stability control warning lights are lit.

I scanned with FORscan Lite and pulled the code U3000:41-AB out of the ABS module. Based on some searching it looks like people sometimes get that with a bad battery. I had the battery tested and there's no problem. The connections are all corrosion free and tight.

I have a 2013 ford explorer I took it to autozone to have the battery replaced, drove it back to my house (less than a mile) yesterday 3 minutes into my drive the cluster of hill descend fault, traction control, and all the same lights came on. I took it back to autozone to have the codes read and they are C1137-64, U3003-16, U3000-49.

After the battery was replaced did they reset the BMS (Battery Management System) or did you allow the vehicle to sit undisturbed for 8 hours?
From your manual.
When a battery replacement is required, the battery should be replaced
with a Ford recommended replacement battery that matches the
electrical requirements of the vehicle. After battery replacement, or in
some cases after charging the battery with an external charger, the BMS
requires eight hours of vehicle sleep time (key off with doors closed) to
relearn the new battery state of charge. Prior to relearning state of
charge, the BMS may disable electrical features (to protect the battery)
earlier than normal.

This may be a good first step. The vehicle also has to do a Battery Relearn which is also described in the manual.
FYI, the member you quoted was last seen here on April 14, 2019.

Peter

Back