2014 Explorer door locks are messed up | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Explorer door locks are messed up

summitsitter

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 explorer
My wifes 2013 explorer door locks have been acting crazy and are getting worse.

Started out couple months ago the rear passanger door won't unlock. Well it started working and now the both front doors will not lock or unlock with the keyless entry, key fob or even with the key. The dealership said the lock mechanism were probly just dirting and to spray wd-40 in the locks. That didn't do anything. Anybody got any suggestions or ideas. Thanks

Yeah, actually take the vehicle to the dealership and find out what's wrong. No dealership would telly you to spray WD-40 in the locks, so I call BS on this!

My wifes 2013 explorer door locks have been acting crazy and are getting worse.

Started out couple months ago the rear passanger door won't unlock. Well it started working and now the both front doors will not lock or unlock with the keyless entry, key fob or even with the key. The dealership said the lock mechanism were probly just dirting and to spray wd-40 in the locks. That didn't do anything. Anybody got any suggestions or ideas. Thanks
You state two different model years, 2013 and 2014. Which is correct? Also it would be helpful to add the 'trim' level to your profile.
If the vehicle is still under warranty take it back to the dealer or another one and insist that the situation be repaired. I would think it highly unlikely that both front door locks would suddenly become dirty to the extent that they can't be opened. Sounds more like an electrical or program error.

Peter

Back