2014 Explorer Limited Sync music with iPhone | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Explorer Limited Sync music with iPhone

whr2nd

Reaction score
City, State
Lee's Summit, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Limited
iPhone will sync and has full phone use capabilities, but phone will no longer connect in entertainment. Starts with “building commands” message staying on continuously while playing music. Phone has Bluetooth connection and is always plugged in connection in pocket below dashboard. Phone charges from this connection and have switched USB ports. Progresses where music will frequently stop playing when skipping tracks (usually from steering wheel controls) until I press play on screen or phone. Eventually it will randomly stop when going to next track and progresses to point it does not play and showing spinning wheel on connect. Up to point it no longer connects, it also crashes with an error message that’s to fast to read and reboots from “maintenance”. Sometimes as frequently as three times in 30 minute drive home.

Reset by disconnecting battery has corrected issue for about a month before starting issues. A-Pim replaced and current software installed. Problem has persisted on 2 different models of iPhone and through iOS updates.

Dealer says they cannot find a problem beyond replaced module. Any suggestions for fix or pursuing repair. Under purchased warranty currently.

Think I’ve included all details. Appreciate any help or contact to Ford since dealership kind of shrugs it off now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bump to the top for OP to me it sounds like it could be a mdule logic thing? can you reinstall the update? not too sure ;)

bump to the top for OP to me it sounds like it could be a mdule logic thing? can you reinstall the update? not too sure ;)
It’s been reloaded a couple times now. At this point it’s constant error message on start up and on screen again when screen flips to camera in reverse. So far, resetting by disconnecting battery gets it working fo a month or so and then it starts problems all over.

Does it give the same issues if you don't plug it into any of the USB ports?

On my Android, if I plug into the USB even with Bluetooth connected it thinks my phone is some kind of storage device and it tries to load random stuff. This also depends how your phone is setup to handle media transfer over USB.

If I don’t plug it in, it won’t play music from the phone through Bluetooth connection. Hands free phone functions do work.

Sorry my replies are taking so long. Not getting reply noticed. I’ll check my settings. Thank you.

Back