2014 Explorer only blows hot air from defroster | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Explorer only blows hot air from defroster

GaryKW

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer
My son picked up a cup of drink by the lid from the cupholder and the cup collapsed and drink sprayed all over the radio/climate/control module, It was cleaned up fairly quickly but about 3-4 miles down road all that blew at high speed was hot air from the defroster. What should be my first steps, I have read unplug the battery for 15 minutes, If that does not work any other steps?, also if I have to get a new module about how much $$$ are we talking to replace it and is it possible to replace it myself instead of paying high cost of dealer manpower. Thanks for your help. GKW

Welcome to the Forum Gary.:wave:
Please complete your registration by entering the 'trim level' as requested. That way it would help us to know which one you have since they are not all the same. I'm guessing that you don't have the Sony radio since that is a sealed faceplate with touch control so it 'should' not be affected by the accident. If the liquid did affect a control module, I doubt a battery disconnect or Master Reset would do anything to correct the issue. Are you able to direct the hot air to the floor and/or dash vents? Can you control fan speed?

Peter

Back