2014 Explorer Right Headlight Flickers On and Off | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Explorer Right Headlight Flickers On and Off

Billy Dunwoody

Reaction score
City, State
Culver City, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer XLT
Hello All!
I am glad I found this forum. I bought a 2014 Ford Explorer with 20k miles back in February and absolutely love it.
I bought some LED headlights for the Explorer through Amazon (they have excellent reviews), ones that attach to the existing wires, that way no extra work is needed. The right headlight keeps turning on and off every 10 minutes or so. I originally thought it was maybe the bulbs themselves, so I bought a more expensive brand with excellent reviews also, and the same thing happens. Only the right headlight does this, the left one has no problem at all.
Can this be the wiring harness? Seeing as I have tried 2 different brand LED bulbs and only the right one is going out, I find it hard to believe it would be the bulbs.

Thanks!

Well did you try going back to stock and seeing if it still does it. If not, then it rules out the factory wiring.

I'm wondering if the BCM isn't pushing PWM to that bulb under certain conditions/voltage situations, and in the right side it's just enough to freak out the LED.

Hello All!
I am glad I found this forum. I bought a 2014 Ford Explorer with 20k miles back in February and absolutely love it.
I bought some LED headlights for the Explorer through Amazon (they have excellent reviews), ones that attach to the existing wires, that way no extra work is needed. The right headlight keeps turning on and off every 10 minutes or so. I originally thought it was maybe the bulbs themselves, so I bought a more expensive brand with excellent reviews also, and the same thing happens. Only the right headlight does this, the left one has no problem at all.
Can this be the wiring harness? Seeing as I have tried 2 different brand LED bulbs and only the right one is going out, I find it hard to believe it would be the bulbs.

Thanks!
Just wanted to say Welcome to the Forum Billy.:wave:
Hope you get things sorted out.

Peter

Back