• Register Today It's free!

2014 Explorer Sport ordered

woodmedic

Reaction score
City, State
Hereford, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Expedition
I like many of you have a 2014 sport on order. I am new to this site and just wanted to add my stats to the mix. I have already done the PM to get my updates with Crystal. I ordered the White with two tone interior and 401A package. We ordered 6-25 but I still have not gotten my VIN. The wait is killing me!! Anyway, just wanted to join the ranks of you that are awaiting your new Explorers!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No Vin and you ordered 6/25???? Sounds like somthing is wrong! Good luck!

I was thinking the same thing. It seems like everyone else got their VIN a lot quicker than I have. My dealer says today is the day that they update the system so hopefully after lunch I will get my VIN.

I like many of you have a 2014 sport on order. I am new to this site and just wanted to add my stats to the mix. I have already done the PM to get my updates with Crystal. I ordered the White with two tone interior and 401A package. We ordered 6-25 but I still have not gotten my VIN. The wait is killing me!! Anyway, just wanted to join the ranks of you that are awaiting your new Explorers!

The wait will go faster than you think, woodmedic! Send me a message when you're ready for another update. :)

Crystal

Is there a certain day that Ford posts updates or is it a daily thing?

The wait is a killer! Mine is still stuck in the order process. Did you end up getting your VIN?

Is there a certain day that Ford posts updates or is it a daily thing?

Hi woodmedic,

Our tracker doesn't have a specific day for updating; I encourage people to reach out to me once a week when it is most convenient for them. Let me know if you have any other questions. :)

Crystal

PM sent for another update. You guys are great!

It has now been 8 weeks since I ordered. Still no VIN. Im thinking I may never get this thing!

9 weeks now since order was placed and still no VIN. The wait is excruciating!!

woodmedic I gave up the fight!!!! Good luck with your order!
Did you PM Crystal??? She's seems to be the only person @ ford that knows whats going on!!!!!!!

9 weeks now since order was placed and still no VIN. The wait is excruciating!!

Yes I did. Crystal has been very responsive. The status of my order just refuses to change.

I finally received a VIN today from my dealer! He didn't have an ETA available yet but at least I have something now!!

Can view my window sticker as of today! Been a very long wait but can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Ordered 6-25
VIN received 9-11
Window sticker available 9-27
ETA 10-29

Order

You must be relieved to see the end in sight! My ETA for my sport is also 29 oct. Must be a sport build week!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

6/25 ordered. If you don't have your vehicle by now you will be waiting a long while more and it seems you missed the last run the first week of September that you should have had it on.
The next "Sport" run happens Late Nov, early Dec and by the time it is built and gets delivered you're looking at late Dec early Jan.
I know this because I ordered my Sport July 18th. There was a "Sport" run the 1st week of Sept (Yes, contrary to what others may say...they are accumulating orders for "sports" and then building them in batches...seems every 2.5-3 months or so).
My vehicle was supposed to arrive last week on the Sept 20th but got severely damaged in transit and now they have to build me a new one. I've been told straight out don't get too excited you're not getting a vehicle until Jan! Since I live in Ontario Canada there is approx 2.5-3 weeks delivery from Chicago.
EDIT: Wood Medic, I see you got yours coming...must have just made it as one of the last ones of the previous batch.

Back