2014 Explorer Sport Rack and Pinion Torque Specs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Explorer Sport Rack and Pinion Torque Specs

StifflerMT

Reaction score
City, State
Bozeman, MT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
Hello,

I'm brand new to the forum. My rack and pinion went out on me and I just got the new Motorcraft part in from Rock Auto today. I've searched all over and can't seem to find any torque specs for this vehicle. Autozone has some useful diagrams showing torque values for applicable parts involved in a R&P replacement, but only for older models. Anyone know where to find these values without paying for the Ford service manuals? There are quite a few bolts, including the rack and pinion mounting bolts, sway bar bolts, sway bar connecting link bolts (upper), tie rod end bots, rear subframe bolts (has to be dropped to get the R&P out), rear engine mount, and steering linkage bolt. Thanks in advance for anyone who might be able to help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I just did a quick search and only your thread popped up.

Peter

Hello,

I'm brand new to the forum. My rack and pinion went out on me and I just got the new Motorcraft part in from Rock Auto today. I've searched all over and can't seem to find any torque specs for this vehicle. Autozone has some useful diagrams showing torque values for applicable parts involved in a R&P replacement, but only for older models. Anyone know where to find these values without paying for the Ford service manuals? There are quite a few bolts, including the rack and pinion mounting bolts, sway bar bolts, sway bar connecting link bolts (upper), tie rod end bots, rear subframe bolts (has to be dropped to get the R&P out), rear engine mount, and steering linkage bolt. Thanks in advance for anyone who might be able to help.

I know you're opposed to the service manual, but you can get a subscription for 72 hours for about 30 USD and print off the instructions. Individual pages print off to PDFs and can be saved.

Thanks gentlemen. I was able to find what I needed in the online version of the Haynes Manual. I appreciate your time.

Thanks gentlemen. I was able to find what I needed in the online version of the Haynes Manual. I appreciate your time.

Oh goodness, I completely forgot about the Haynes manual. I even have a subscription myself. Sorry about that!

Back