2014 explorer sport suddenly would not start | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 explorer sport suddenly would not start

Gb4014

Reaction score
City, State
Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 explorer sport
I drove the car to the store the car ran normal and parked. Then 5 minutes later I tried to start it and the interior dash light started blinking and the car would not even turn over I heard the relay switch clicking but bypassed it and starter still wouldn’t turn on any suggestions on what this my be?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I tried to jump it but did not turn it over there is a minor clicking sound coming from the relay do you think it’s battery even though a jump would not start the car?

I tried to jump it but did not turn it over there is a minor clicking sound coming from the relay do you think it’s battery even though a jump would not start the car?
It may not be the battery then. What is this flashing dash light you referred to?

Peter

I too, wonder which dash light.

I'd still want to check battery voltage, wondering if it's possible that low voltage locked up the ECM or other computer logic so jumping didn't work.

If battery voltage is good, hook up a scan tool and pull codes. If voltage is not good, pull the battery to have tested or put on a charger, probably it (hold old?) or possibly the alternator or something else.

Have you tied putting your fob into the passive backup slot and trying to start it that way?

When my battery crapped out on me, it did something similar.
Started fine in AM to go to work. Sat all day in the parking lot.
Went to start to go home and nothing, just dead. Remote locks didn't even work and wouldn't take a jump.

New battery and off I went. I think the battery was 4 or 5 years old at the time.

Back