2014 Explorer Stereo Removal | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Explorer Stereo Removal

hessene

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Base Explorer 4WD
Can anyone tell my how I can remove the stereo in my 2014 Explorer to gain access to the stereo electrical harness?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

405e47b2d365976_1.JPG
Can anyone tell my how I can remove the stereo in my 2014 Explorer to gain access to the stereo electrical harness?
Welcome to the Forum hessene.:wavey:
It might help to know which model Explorer you have. If you add it to your profile it will always show in the left margin and that way the members will know how to answer some questions since the models are not always the same.

Here is a picture I picked up somewhere. I'll have to try and remember where I got it because I believe there were more. Not sure if it will help at all.

Peter

2014 explorer radio removal

Hey peterk9,
That is exactly my car's radio. Any luck on locating the other images? I just tried installing an amp and it's pretty tough. I tried prying off the silver side panels as shown, but was reluctant to because I did not want it to break. Thanks for posting that!

Anyone else have any luck installing amp/radio in their 2014 explorer?

Hey peterk9,
That is exactly my car's radio. Any luck on locating the other images? I just tried installing an amp and it's pretty tough. I tried prying off the silver side panels as shown, but was reluctant to because I did not want it to break. Thanks for posting that!

Anyone else have any luck installing amp/radio in their 2014 explorer?

Search You-Tube there are a few videos showing the removal of all that trim around the IP.

Welcome to the Forum hessene.:wavey:
It might help to know which model Explorer you have. If you add it to your profile it will always show in the left margin and that way the members will know how to answer some questions since the models are not always the same.

Here is a picture I picked up somewhere. I'll have to try and remember where I got it because I believe there were more. Not sure if it will help at all.

Peter
hello peterk9,

I just wanted to ask you something.

I have a 2011 ford explorer base, brings a basic sound system, I want to change it for the sound system xlt version, touch screen etc.

change can do it? buying a used unit on ebay for example.

changing the harness with the same inputs and outputs work perfectly?

hello friend,

I just wanted to ask you something.

I have a 2011 ford explorer base, brings a basic sound system, I want to change it for the sound system xlt version, touch screen etc.

change can do it? buying a used unit on ebay for example.

changing the harness with the same inputs and outputs work perfectly?

Back