2014 Explorer wiring diagram / intermittent window | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Explorer wiring diagram / intermittent window

holy_moly10

Reaction score
City, State
Milford, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'14 Explorer XLT
Does anybody have the wiring schematic for a 2014 Ford Explorer power windows?

Alternatively -- any advice how to attack a passenger side rear window which only works intermittently in the 'up' direction (works perfectly in the 'down' direction?

I plan to pull the door skin and get the voltmeter out this week sometime--but any advice would be welcome.

Thanks in advance

Typically it'd be a bad switch or bad spot on the motor commutator, or possibly a frayed wire in the door hinge area, though possibly on the driver's door rather than the right rear.

I'll link a screenshot of the diagram I have for a '14 but it's quite large, and there are links on it. If you need all of it then get the 2nd link below which is a bundle with several wiring diagrams and a service manual, 245MB zip file.

Typically it'd be a bad switch or bad spot on the motor commutator, or possibly a frayed wire in the door hinge area, though possibly on the driver's door rather than the right rear.

I'll link a screenshot of the diagram I have for a '14 but it's quite large, and there are links on it. If you need all of it then get the 2nd link below which is a bundle with several wiring diagrams and a service manual, 245MB zip file.

Many thanks! That's really helpful!

Many thanks! That's really helpful!

If I might chime in as a rank amateur.

Although I've had a motor go intermittent on a Grand Cherokee I once owned due to a sticky brush, It is probably the least likely component to fail. I would suggest if a switch is going to fail, it is unlikely to fail simultaneously in both directions at the same time. Also if the drivers master switch isn't working it either that would suggest a switch is not your issue. The suggestion of a broken wire in the driver's door is the most common as it gets the most mechanical action. Check the continuity between the wires too the driver's switch and the identical to the affected window. IF you don't have continuity in one circuit look in the driver's door loom for damage.

Back