2014 Explorer XLT rear bumper led reflector light install | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Explorer XLT rear bumper led reflector light install

Reaction score
City, State
Kilgore
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014, Ford Explorer XLT
I recently purchased some led reflector light replacements for my 2014, the product came with no instructions. The lights have a red and black wire coming out of them. Does anyone know the proper way to install these? Do I just splice them onto the tail lights?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you have a link to what you bought?

I recently purchased some led reflector light replacements for my 2014, the product came with no instructions. The lights have a red and black wire coming out of them. Does anyone know the proper way to install these? Do I just splice them onto the tail lights?
Depends on how you want them to operate - running lights/turn/brake/separate fog etc.

Depends on how you want them to operate - running lights/turn/brake/separate fog etc.
Ah I get it, that's unfortunate... I was hoping they would work as running and brake but I suppose they would need three wires.

Ah I get it, that's unfortunate... I was hoping they would work as running and brake but I suppose they would need three wires.
Well, there's essentially 4 lights in the taillight - running, brake, turn, and reverse.
Not sure how it works in terms of wiring, but you might be able to splice into at least one of them.
At your own risk, of course, I can't guarantee anything either way.

But your first step is to locate a wiring diagram. BBB Industries- Premium Alternators, Starters, Power Steering Products and Turbochargers | TSB and Wiring Diagrams Database - try here first.

Well, there's essentially 4 lights in the taillight - running, brake, turn, and reverse.
Not sure how it works in terms of wiring, but you might be able to splice into at least one of them.
At your own risk, of course, I can't guarantee anything either way.

But your first step is to locate a wiring diagram. BBB Industries- Premium Alternators, Starters, Power Steering Products and Turbochargers | TSB and Wiring Diagrams Database - try here first.
Thanks for the info, ill mess with it later today

Do you have a trailer plug? If not use some trailer plug adapters and put one in. Then you can plug the new lights into trailer plug.

Back