• Register Today It's free!

2014 Ford Explorer Sport ordered

khill297

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Nissan Frontier
I ordered my 2014 Ford Explorer Sport on 8/9/13. On 8/15/13 I received an email from the dealer stating that my vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of 9/9/13. He also provided my VIN, but like most I am still not able to get my window sticker as the VIN is not recognized yet.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When will I most likely be able to get my window sticker. How long does it actually take to build the vehicle.

Window stickers appear a few days before the build date.

I ordered my 2014 Ford Explorer Sport on 8/9/13. On 8/15/13 I received an email from the dealer stating that my vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of 9/9/13. He also provided my VIN, but like most I am still not able to get my window sticker as the VIN is not recognized yet.

Hi khill297,

I reached out to you via PM but wanted to touch base with you here, too. Send me your VIN via PM and I'll provide you with weekly updates on your Explorer's status.

Crystal

Build time is reported to be 18 hours from start to finish. :eek: Yes, Ford does bang them out!

My EX Limited had a blend date of 8/10 and completed production on 8/11. So it seems the 18 hours is at least in the ball park.

Your VIN will become active regarding your window sticker a few days before the blend (build) date.

Build time is reported to be 18 hours from start to finish. :eek: Yes, Ford does bang them out!

My EX Limited had a blend date of 8/10 and completed production on 8/11. So it seems the 18 hours is at least in the ball park.

Your VIN will become active regarding your window sticker a few days before the blend (build) date.

Thank you so much for the information. I have reading everyone's experiences on this forum. I even saw that one dealer actually sold someone's ordered one. The only thing I did different is I did not go thru the typical car salesman but thru there commercial fleet sales guy. The Ford dealer I went to is where my employer gets there fords ordered. I actually drive a Explorer Police Interceptor which is why I am now buying one for myself.
I hope there are no major delays or issues. Hope your new ride is just perfect for ya.

The window sticker has finally arrived and my build date is 9/12/13. I hope it gets here without unnecessary delay.

I see you will be going from a 2005 Frontier to the Explorer. I went from a 2005 Titan. Have had my Sport for about a month or 600 miles. I love the change and very proud of Ford. You will love it too. The best of luck to you.

I see you will be going from a 2005 Frontier to the Explorer. I went from a 2005 Titan. Have had my Sport for about a month or 600 miles. I love the change and very proud of Ford. You will love it too. The best of luck to you.

Thanks! I am really excited that I finally have a confirmed build date. Now just to get it to Orlando so I can drive it. I am glad you enjoy your new ride, what color and specs did you get? I got black on black with the 401A options with all weather mats and molded liner for the back area

Thanks! I am really excited that I finally have a confirmed build date. Now just to get it to Orlando so I can drive it. I am glad you enjoy your new ride, what color and specs did you get? I got black on black with the 401A options with all weather mats and molded liner for the back area

I too have black on black with the 401A Package. In addition, I have Trailer Tow Package, Dual Moonroof, Adaptive Cruise Control and Rear Bumper Protector. As for as after market, I installed a WeatherTech Cargo Mat and Wheel Locks. Unlike most people, I have a 60/40 2nd row seat, not the Captain Seats and Console. Since it is black, the most important item I carry is the Meguiar's Gold Class Quick Detailer. I like keeping that "deep rich black shine." lol

I too have black on black with the 401A Package. In addition, I have Trailer Tow Package, Dual Moonroof, Adaptive Cruise Control and Rear Bumper Protector. As for as after market, I installed a WeatherTech Cargo Mat and Wheel Locks. Unlike most people, I have a 60/40 2nd row seat, not the Captain Seats and Console. Since it is black, the most important item I carry is the Meguiar's Gold Class Quick Detailer. I like keeping that "deep rich black shine." lol

NICE!!!! I am excited to have received my window sticker with a build date of 9/12. It is suppose to be delivered on 10/8 if that date stills holds so far it is according to Crystal. I do like those DeeZee Running boards I saw on one of the sports on this forum. I still have to get the rear bumper protector forgot to order it. I to have the 60/40 2nd row seating. Having two dogs I want to be able to lay the seats flat without the interference of a console. Cant wait for mine.

Very excited......my vehicle was built on 9/12/13 and it is currently in transit to my dealership. Was told by Crystal that my ETA to dealership has been moved up to 9/29/13 instead of 10/8/13 obviously still subject to change. I am keeping my fingers crossed that my vehicle will arrive soon with no issues.

Very excited......my vehicle was built on 9/12/13 and it is currently in transit to my dealership. Was told by Crystal that my ETA to dealership has been moved up to 9/29/13 instead of 10/8/13 obviously still subject to change. I am keeping my fingers crossed that my vehicle will arrive soon with no issues.

Your Explorer will be here before you know it, khill297! I know we'd all love to see some pictures when you bring it home. :)

Crystal

Well I got an exciting call today. My dealer just call and said my car has arrived at the Orlando ramp and that it will be delivered to the dealership this weekend. I will be headed there on Monday morning to pick up my new 2014 Explorer Sport. Yay!!!!

Well I got an exciting call today. My dealer just call and said my car has arrived at the Orlando ramp and that it will be delivered to the dealership this weekend. I will be headed there on Monday morning to pick up my new 2014 Explorer Sport. Yay!!!!

Awesome news, khill297! I can't wait to see pictures. :D

Crystal

The time has arrived! I picked up my Ford Explorer Sport this morning from Don Reid Ford in Florida. Had a fantastic experience purchasing this vehicle. It was ordered on 8/9, built on 9/12, delivered to the dealership on 9/28, and picked up today. Having the front windows tinted to match the back privacy glass tomorrow. Thank you Crystal for all the information you have provided throughout this process and to everyone else providing details on what to expect. I will try to post pictures but not how sure to do it yet on this site.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back