• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

2014 Ford Exployer Sport Leak in passenger floor board

Billy Boaz

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Exployer Sport
I have a leak in floor board of the passenger side and ever thing else is dry. I ran water on the moon roof and the windshield but they were dry. when i ran water around the passenger door the door locks were opening and closing but didn't see any leaks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
I'd open the moonroof and put a garden hose on a slow flow to the front and see if your drain tubes are draining. Water should be coming out behind your front tires onto the ground. If it pools and doesnt drain, that is your problem. This is what typically happens to cause water on the floor boards. Depending on angle of your vehicle at the time, water could go to the rear channels and drain but if noise down, goes to the front and pools. It then seems in and can go down your as pillar down to the carpet.

Could also be ac evaporator which I believe is in the dash leaking.

Just 2 things I can think of to cause it.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3