2014 limited heated seat issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 limited heated seat issue

jsedzzz

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 explorer limited
Hello all....I picked up my 2014 limited last night....ordered it in early July. Couple of issues....the front passenger side heated/ventilated seat is not working....I am having a problem with not being able to use voice commands to make a phone call , all the other voice commands are working for clinate and entertainment but when I say "call home" or whoever it replys "downloading" then shows call failed on the screen. And lastly was I supposed to get a cargo net? Other than these issues, I really like the vehicle and love how it drives.

Thanks all

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello all....I picked up my 2014 limited last night....ordered it in early July. Couple of issues....the front passenger side heated/ventilated seat is not working....I am having a problem with not being able to use voice commands to make a phone call , all the other voice commands are working for clinate and entertainment but when I say "call home" or whoever it replys "downloading" then shows call failed on the screen. And lastly was I supposed to get a cargo net? Other than these issues, I really like the vehicle and love how it drives.

Thanks all
Congrats on your new Explorer. For the seat issue I would take it right back to the dealer and have them check it out. Could possibly be a loose connection. Not sure about the phone issue. I guess you could try deleting the phone and going back to square one to see if that resolves the issue. My 2011 came with a cargo net and it is still exactly where it was when I picked up the vehicle, in the passenger door lower pocket. I have read a post where one member found it in with the spare tire.

Peter

Thanks all

Sounds like it doesn't have a phonebook. If the system didn't download the phonebook, then it will not work. It also sounds like it attempts to download the phonebook and fails. Try to delete the current phonebook in the system if there is one, then manually download it. Check your phone for any bluetooth messages. My android phone required me to approve access to the phonebook in order for sync to be able to download it.

I will try deleting the phones and reinstalling them....how do I manually enter the phone book...just do it under the quick contacts and only have a few?
We got home late last night and I haven't had anytime to look at things

Thanks for the replies

Thanks all

Hi jsedzzz,

As others have suggested, I recommend bringing your Explorer to the dealer so they can check out your heated seat concern. Shoot me your information in a PM and I'll make sure your regional customer service manager gets involved, too. Anything related to SYNC, MyFord, MyFord Touch is best handled by my colleague, FordIVTTeam. Send them a PM and they'll be happy to help you.

Crystal

My cargo net on my 2014 was neatly packaged and stuffed in the glovebox.

mine was in the 3rd row area pockets and I didnt even see it until one day the sun was shining into the car and I saw the plastic bag...

I found the cargo net in the spare tire area...the Ford IVT folks helped me fix the phone issue....much praise to them. I am going to investigate the heated seat this weekend!!! My wife and kids love the new explorer...I am super happy to have it! Going to give it the full detail job tomorrow

Thanks for all your help

Back