2014 Limited Ordered - Incentive Questions? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Limited Ordered - Incentive Questions?

dabro55

Reaction score
City, State
Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 EX Limited Wh Plat
Just ordered a new 2014 X Limited, PM'd Crystal, she will update my order progress. Thanks!!! My question is on the incentives, cash, financing, etc. The dealer says the price is guaranteed (locked in) on the vehicle but the incentives will be whatever is available at delivery time. Currently there is $2000 cash available on the vehicle. That was a large part of the incentive to buy. I will be very unhappy if at delivery the $2000 is gone, would not be a great deal it that happens. I have found by searching some threads some talk about incentive protection, but not a definitive answer in how that might work. Can all dealers participate? Do they have to be enrolled in some program? Does it cost
the dealer some price? Anyone have a clear cut answer so I can go to my dealer a little better armed with knowledge? Thanks in advance, this is a great forum for information! Dave

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just ordered a new 2014 X Limited, PM'd Crystal, she will update my order progress. Thanks!!! My question is on the incentives, cash, financing, etc. The dealer says the price is guaranteed (locked in) on the vehicle but the incentives will be whatever is available at delivery time. Currently there is $2000 cash available on the vehicle. That was a large part of the incentive to buy. I will be very unhappy if at delivery the $2000 is gone, would not be a great deal it that happens. I have found by searching some threads some talk about incentive protection, but not a definitive answer in how that might work. Can all dealers participate? Do they have to be enrolled in some program? Does it cost
the dealer some price? Anyone have a clear cut answer so I can go to my dealer a little better armed with knowledge? Thanks in advance, this is a great forum for information! Dave

The $2000 incentive is if you are either paying cash or using financing other than Ford Credit. I picked up my '14 this weekend and got the $2000 incentive for using outside financing (it was only $1000 when I ordered in July).

Hi dabro55,

I recommend reaching out to my friends in the Marketing Program Headquarters. They'll be happy to answer any questions you have about incentives and special programs. You can give them a call at 1-800-334-4375; if you're on Twitter, you can send a tweet to @FordService, our verified Twitter account.

Crystal

Dabro55, I ordered explorer sport aug 15, expecting delivery early oct. Our dealer explained to us that the 2000 incentive is locked in. That incentive is suppose to expire the last day in sept. if the new incentive is better than the 2000 I will be offered the better incentive. If its a worse incentive I can stay with the 2000. Hope this helps!

That's what I don't understand

My dealer stated explicitly that the incentives are not locked in, will be whatever is available at delivery date. Your dealer says it's locked. What's the diff, why is what I'm asking, seems inconsistent varying from dealer to dealer. I'm seeking some definitive explanation. Thanks

My dealer stated explicitly that the incentives are not locked in, will be whatever is available at delivery date. Your dealer says it's locked. What's the diff, why is what I'm asking, seems inconsistent varying from dealer to dealer. I'm seeking some definitive explanation. Thanks

It varies from dealer to dealer its up to them if they want to honor it or not. I recently ordered a 2014 limited also and worked with 3 dealers in my area and only 1 would lock in incentives and put it in writing. Dealer incentive protection is what the program is called. Ford customer service told me its up to the dealer as they are all independently owned and operated.

I'm in the same boat. Just ordered a 14 Limited and was told the $2000 rebate I'll be honored even though delivery will be sometime in October. I was told by three dealers this wont be an issue and the final purchasing dealer tonight said the same. My deal file has the phrase "$2000 rebate offer" written on it and was told that on Monday I can get it in writing.

Don't forget to request a brochure at Ford. $750 private cash also help

Don't forget to request a brochure at Ford. $750 private cash also help

Got that handy already but you can only use that at time of delivery. My coupon expires 10/26, not sure if my delivery will be before that date. I'm thinking of ordering another brochure in about 3 weeks, to get a refreshed coupon.

The coupon's fine print says "Take delivery from dealer stock by xx/xx/2013...

I'm reading this as "not eligible for a special order"

Anyone have experience dealing with this using the Private cash coupon?

The coupon's fine print says "Take delivery from dealer stock by xx/xx/2013...

I'm reading this as "not eligible for a special order"

Anyone have experience dealing with this using the Private cash coupon?

Yes. I used a coupon when I ordered my 2013 Sport. There seemed to be some question about whether the vehicle had to be delivered before the coupon expired, but Ford kept sending me coupons with fresh dates so it never became an issue.

How do I get one of those coupons? I requested a brochure online and received it last week, but could not find the coupon. Thanks

Seems like a crap shoot

I tried the brochure deal, didn't get any coupons or discounts. Some people are getting incentive protection, some (me) don't get it. Some people are getting $750 coupons, some are not. Been a Ford customer forever! Why such randomness in this procedure?

I got the $750 private cash deal when I ordered the brochure from the Ford website. The coupon (which arrived within a week of me requesting the brochure) was due to expire on 9/9; the ETA was 9/13.

When it got close to the expiration date my dealer (Kelly Ford in Melbourne, FL) allowed the sales paperwork to be submitted before the car had actually arrived, and thus got me the $750 off.

In the end I picked up the vehicle on 9/7 (the day after we did the paperwork, ironically) so that it wouldn't have mattered, but the point is my dealer was willing to work with me to ensure I got all the possible incentives, etc. I just needed to ask :)

I work at a Ford dealer and there such thing as incentive protection. I have used it several times for my customers. You can have the incentives at time of order or at time of delivery, you can also lock in the special apr programs as well as direct offers that Ford may have sent you

Thanks for the post zrj20! Couple of questions. Does it cost the dealer to do this ? Do they have to submit some form of paperwork? And finally, my order is three weeks old, can it still be protected? Appreciate the help, Dave

Thanks for the post zrj20! Couple of questions. Does it cost the dealer to do this ? Do they have to submit some form of paperwork? And finally, my order is three weeks old, can it still be protected? Appreciate the help, Dave

It does not cost the dealer anything! There is some paperwork involved but nothing to crazy. The incentive protection program does not need to be messed with until you take delivery and the rebates/apr is truly worse than at time of order, so you are protected no matter how old your order is as there is nothing on your end you need to do.

Dabro55 - I was told that when the VIN to my Explorer is issued, it gets called in by my salesperson to somewhere in Ford to lock in the current rebates for that VIN number and pending purchase.

ZRJ20... correct me if I'm wrong on this but this is how it was explained to me.

The way the program works is....... you can have the incentives that were active at time of order or the incentives at time of delivery. It has nothing to do with the vin# as sometimes it can take several weeks to get the vin#. 9 out 10 times the incentives are greater at time of delivery as it is that much further into the model year and incentives tipically increase as the year goes on. It is a nice safety net to have in your back pocket though

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here is a list of what your dealer needs to process a incentive protection claim.

screen shot of vehicle order confirmation
signed & dated purchase agreement/bill of sale from date of delivery
buyers order from date of order
list of incentives available at time of order and time of delivery

Back