• Register Today It's free!

2014 ltd brakes

diggitd

Reaction score
City, State
NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
14, explorer, ltd.
I am going to order rotors and pads, 2014 Ltd.,all way round.what are the sizes? I understand Explorers were all changed in 2013 to heavy duty pads and rotors true? What about upgrading to performance parts? Thanks Diggitd

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When the time comes I'll probably get Wagner Thermoquiet ceramics as I've had good experiences with them on other vehicles, or maybe their newer OEX (or whatever they're called) line. I never found braking lacking, so don't feel an upgrade is needed. IIRC the factory pads are Akebono ceramics but I could be wrong...

I bought Wagner OEx pads for both front and rear, very happy. Wagner claims less wear, less heat, better stopping power and less dust. For 2014 if you have the towing package you have heavy duty brakes, don't know about 2013.

I bought Wagner OEx pads for both front and rear, very happy. Wagner claims less wear, less heat, better stopping power and less dust. For 2014 if you have the towing package you have heavy duty brakes, don't know about 2013.
All Explorers manufactured after a certain date in December 2013 have heavy duty brakes whether they have the towing package or not. If in doubt you can always check Ford ETIS; https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

Peter

FWIW Rock Auto for 2015 Explorers shows brake pads for vehicles equipped with "std" or "heavy duty" brakes. Also, I replaced the rear rotors on our 2014 and there is an option based on the OD of the rotor. Did not check the rotors for the 2015 model.

Back