2014 order dates for the Explorer

snowbird

Reaction score
City, State
Minn. & Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer XLT
I just got this Email from Ford on this today,

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company. We appreciate the time you have taken to write us about your interest in our upcoming 2014 Explorer.

We understand that you are inquiring about the available colors for the 2014 Explorer. At this time, ordering for the 2014 Explorer is expected to begin late February/early March. Once ordering is available, we will be able to provide you with all of the colors. We also recommend staying in contact with the dealerships in your area as they will have the most up to date information on all ordering options once ordering becomes available. The 2014 Explorer is slated for release late June of 2013. Vehicle availability dates are subject to chance and we recommend visiting us at media.ford.com for more information as it is released.

So it appears it will be here sooner than later.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just got this Email from Ford on this today,

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company. We appreciate the time you have taken to write us about your interest in our upcoming 2014 Explorer.

We understand that you are inquiring about the available colors for the 2014 Explorer. At this time, ordering for the 2014 Explorer is expected to begin late February/early March. Once ordering is available, we will be able to provide you with all of the colors. We also recommend staying in contact with the dealerships in your area as they will have the most up to date information on all ordering options once ordering becomes available. The 2014 Explorer is slated for release late June of 2013. Vehicle availability dates are subject to chance and we recommend visiting us at media.ford.com for more information as it is released.

So it appears it will be here sooner than later.

Hi snowbird,

Thinking about ordering a 2014? If you decide to pull the trigger, send me a PM with your order number and dealer name. I can provide you with weekly updates on your Explorer's status. :thumbsup:

Have a great weekend!

Crystal

wow the 20-14s going to be rolling out soon! Hopefully means larger incentives on the 20-13's :D

wow the 20-14s going to be rolling out soon! Hopefully means larger incentives on the 20-13's :D
My lease is up mid March 2015. Perhaps the 2016's will be available by then. Redesign???

Peter

Ordering begins 2/25
Scheduling begins 5/02
Production begins 6/03

Wow. I'm debating on ordering or going with a 2013 Sport. My only regret with going 2013 would be improvements to the My Ford Touch system or if they added Spotify and Amazon streaming. If it was on the 2013 right now I would already be driving it.

What do you guys think?

I highly doubt Ford makes any changes this year, except maybe different color options.

Wow. I'm debating on ordering or going with a 2013 Sport. My only regret with going 2013 would be improvements to the My Ford Touch system or if they added Spotify and Amazon streaming. If it was on the 2013 right now I would already be driving it.

What do you guys think?
I believe that anything new that will be available on the 2014 as far as the MFT/SYNC is concerned will also be made available for the 2011 - 2013 models. Since there doesn't seem to be any chatter about improvements/additions to the system at this time, I'm assuming it will be the same as what we currently have.

Peter

Looks like sync updates should be backwards compatible

We have been working directly with Ford to deliver a safe, convenient, voice-activated in-car music solution for your car. And soon you’ll be able to access our huge catalogue on the move by voice control, while keeping your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road.

Available on select Ford vehicles, SYNC AppLink uses voice-activated technology to build a hands-free bridge between you and your smartphone applications.

This coming update of SYNC AppLink will enable you to control Spotify songs and playlists using voice commands including: “shuffle”, “repeat”, “star/unstar track”, “choose playlist”, “play music”, “recently played”, and “now playing”.

Ford SYNC AppLink is already available in over one million vehicles in the USA, and on which Spotify will roll out in the coming weeks. In Europe it will be featured in selected Ford vehicles by the end of this year.

For more information about Ford SYNC AppLink, click here.

https://www.spotify.com/us/blog/arc...tify-in-your-ford-vehicle-using-sync-applink/

Any chance they might offer HID lights instead of crapogen for 2014?

Looks like sync updates should be backwards compatible

We have been working directly with Ford to deliver a safe, convenient, voice-activated in-car music solution for your car. And soon you’ll be able to access our huge catalogue on the move by voice control, while keeping your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road.

Available on select Ford vehicles, SYNC AppLink uses voice-activated technology to build a hands-free bridge between you and your smartphone applications.

This coming update of SYNC AppLink will enable you to control Spotify songs and playlists using voice commands including: “shuffle”, “repeat”, “star/unstar track”, “choose playlist”, “play music”, “recently played”, and “now playing”.

Ford SYNC AppLink is already available in over one million vehicles in the USA, and on which Spotify will roll out in the coming weeks. In Europe it will be featured in selected Ford vehicles by the end of this year.

For more information about Ford SYNC AppLink, click here.

https://www.spotify.com/us/blog/arc...tify-in-your-ford-vehicle-using-sync-applink/

Only problem is...... Explorer isn't on of the selected vehicles. :mad:

Any chance they might offer HID lights instead of crapogen for 2014?
Probably not. I was told the HID in the 2013 is much better than the ones in 2011 I have. They are no better that the upgraded halogens I installed in my previous Highlander.

Peter

Only problem is...... Explorer isn't one of the selected vehicles. :mad:
I also noticed that the Explorer is not on the list and that article seems to be an 'archived' one so don't hold your breath.

Peter

Probably not. I was told the HID in the 2013 is much better than the ones in 2011 I have. They are no better that the upgraded halogens I installed in my previous Highlander.

Peter
I have also read that the 2013 HID were an improvement.
Are you saying the Explorer Sports Halogens are no better then your Highlanders Halogens or the 2011 HID's?

FYI - I upgraded my Rav's halogens with Philips HIR2 9012 which helped a bit.

I have also read that the 2013 HID were an improvement.
Are you saying the Explorer Sports Halogens are no better then your Highlanders Halogens or the 2011 HID's?

FYI - I upgraded my Rav's halogens with Philips HIR2 9012 which helped a bit.
I was saying the HID lamps in my 2011 Ex are no better than the upgraded halogens I installed in my Highlander. They were the Philips X-treme Power Bulbs and had to order them from the U.K. at that time.

Peter

New 2014 Order

Hello everyone I am new to the forum. I wanted to see if people were having the same issue trying to get a new Explorer Sport. I originally went to my local Ford dealer to get a 2013 sport . They searched for a few weeks to dealer trade the one I want only to find that any dealer that had the options I wanted was not willing to trade. So I then decided to just order a 2014 . As of today they said they have put in an order for the June build but do not have a definite price yet.....does this seem normal? Also is there a way for me to track the order? I see a Cristal on here responding to people, is that who can help.
thanks for the help.

Hello everyone I am new to the forum. I wanted to see if people were having the same issue trying to get a new Explorer Sport. I originally went to my local Ford dealer to get a 2013 sport . They searched for a few weeks to dealer trade the one I want only to find that any dealer that had the options I wanted was not willing to trade. So I then decided to just order a 2014 . As of today they said they have put in an order for the June build but do not have a definite price yet.....does this seem normal? Also is there a way for me to track the order? I see a Cristal on here responding to people, is that who can help.
thanks for the help.
Welcome to the Forum Skeeva.:wavey:
I find it unusual that at this time they don't have pricing yet for as vehicle that goes into production next week. Crystal will be able to help track your order once it is placed. To contact her, just go to a post by FordCustSrvc and click on that name in the left margin. That will supply you with options and chose Send a private message..... I think she will need, dealer name and order number if you have it, State, contact phone number and best time to call. She will advise if anything else is required. Good luck.:thumbsup:

Peter

thanks for the help.

I haven't seen pricing on the Ford website but my dealer was able to provide pricing to me, including each individual options. Since not major changes, prices were very close to 2013. Slightly less on some options actually.

Order Update

I called them again just now and was told they placed an order last week but it has not been "processed yet" So they dont have a expected delivery date yet. How long should it really take to get it ordere?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I called them again just now and was told they placed an order last week but it has not been "processed yet" So they dont have a expected delivery date yet. How long should it really take to get it ordered?
I'm guessing that everything is currently on hold pending the start of production on June 3rd. Once the assembly line starts rolling, I probably shouldn't take too long. A lot will depend upon how many orders there are in the queue. When I ordered mine back on Dec. 17, 2010, the standard phrase seemed to be 8 to 10 weeks from order to delivery. It arrived at the dealer on March 11th but there was also a 2 week period in which the plant was closed for the holidays. Once the order has been processed and is moving along, it will get a 'build date'. Then a VIN will be assigned. Approximately 4 or 5 days before that build date, the 'Window Sticker' will be available for viewing online.
More info on all that can be found in the Order Status thread;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=176

Hope this helps. Waiting is always the hard part.:)

Peter

Back