• Register Today It's free!

2014 Sport 4wd issues

silvercv2002

Reaction score
City, State
Livonia, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
Second time we have gotten a "service advancetrac system soon" message and we cannot choose any mode on the intelligent 4wd dial. Defaults to FWD. What the hell? Anyone else have this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just turn car off and turn back on it should reset, if it happen again then have it serviced. It has happen to me when its very cold outside the sensor that is on the axcel freeze up and it doesn't engage!

Turned it off a few times. Nothing

Turned it off a few times. Nothing
Take it to the dealer and let them check it out. There are a few other threads on 'advancetrac' but those posts also include other issues along with it.
If you want to get Crystal, (FordService) the Ford rep involved to contact the local Customer Service Manager you can send her a PM using this link;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=157968
Include your name, daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealership info in your message.
Good luck.

Peter

Second time we have gotten a "service advancetrac system soon" message and we cannot choose any mode on the intelligent 4wd dial. Defaults to FWD. What the hell? Anyone else have this?

Hi silvercv2002,

I responded to your post on another thread but wanted to reach out to you here, too. As Peter mentioned, I'll be happy to do what I can to help. Send me the information he listed in a PM and I'll check out some options. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Ive had it happen. The knob and module get replaced. Simple fix, no issues since.

Back