2014 Sport - Ordered 9/14 - Delivered 10/28 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Sport - Ordered 9/14 - Delivered 10/28

Ajar

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa Bay, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
The title says it all... The Sport we ordered on 9/14 was delivered to our dealer last night. Almost 6 weeks to the day...! We're scheduled for delivery on Wednesday.

We are so excited! We've been feeling like we were slumming it since we dropped off our 2012 Limited trade in to the dealer at the end of September....

Ajar

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ajar,

Congratulations on the delivery of your 2014 Sport! I'm glad the system worked out so quickly for you...it doesn't seem to be the standard though. I ordered my Sport on 9/30 and have been told to expect a build date of 11/18 (which is already longer than your entire process) and delivery to the dealer 12/15 or so...a full 10 weeks after being ordered. I know there are others out here that are in the same boat I'm in...or worse...and although we get frustrated our vehicles are taking so long, we are generally glad to read posts of people actually taking delivery (soon-to-be) of their new vehicle. Enjoy!!

Thanks... I know... I feel like we got lucky and I didn't want to rub it in or anything... Just see so many people reaching out to this forum to complain or post their bad experience, I figured I'd share my good one... ;)

Ajar

Ajar,

Congratulations on the delivery of your 2014 Sport! I'm glad the system worked out so quickly for you...it doesn't seem to be the standard though. I ordered my Sport on 9/30 and have been told to expect a build date of 11/18 (which is already longer than your entire process) and delivery to the dealer 12/15 or so...a full 10 weeks after being ordered. I know there are others out here that are in the same boat I'm in...or worse...and although we get frustrated our vehicles are taking so long, we are generally glad to read posts of people actually taking delivery (soon-to-be) of their new vehicle. Enjoy!!

For what it's worth, one of my patients today happen to be a mechanic at a local Ford dealership.
I asked him about problems with the turbos on the engines. Supposedly there had been problems with failures, etc. He said they are much better now and not failing nearly as often.
He did say, though, take it easy and break in the turbos. Don't gun it hard over and over for a few hundred miles. He said the bearings, etc, are all fitting into place and need some time.
So, who knows, I thought engines didn't really need 'breaking in' periods anymore, but he said the turbos may need a little loving for a little while.

Good luck.

The title says it all... The Sport we ordered on 9/14 was delivered to our dealer last night. Almost 6 weeks to the day...! We're scheduled for delivery on Wednesday...

Congratulations, Ajar! I know you'll love your new ride; be sure to share some pictures once you can tear yourself away from behind the wheel. ;)

Crystal

Wow ...6 weeks from order to delivery thats unreal.

Im at 5 weeks no VIN yet.

Me too! I am 45 days + and have zero confirmation from both dealer or Ford.ca rep.

Ordered my sport on September 9 and took delivery October 25. Huge shout out to Bianca who tracked it for me.

Back