• Register Today It's free!

2014 Sport Ordered

johnnybravo

Reaction score
City, State
Ashburn, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
C63 AMG
Placed an order on 7/11 for a black Explorer Sport with sienna brown inserts.
Options: 401A and moon roof.
Original ETA: 8/20
Car has been built as of 8/12, just awaiting shipment to the DC metro area

Crystal and the dealership have been providing me timely updates, wish they had some influence over the logistics.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm in the same situation. Built 8/11 and still waiting for shipment. I am only 3 hours from the factory in Chicago. Does anyone know how vehicles are released after assembly? Mine is coming by car hauler and i would expect DC would be via Rail. It seems like some dealers/areas get a shipment within a week and others take much longer.

I am also waiting for mine. Built 8/10 and still sitting on the ramp waiting for shipment to the dealer. It had an eta to the dealer of 8/18 but that has come and gone. It seems like it doesn't how close or how far away you are from the plant, just when they decide that it's time for yours to go.

...Crystal and the dealership have been providing me timely updates, wish they had some influence over the logistics.

The waiting is the hardest part, johnnybravo, but I know it'll be worth it when your Explorer comes home. :)

Crystal

lukish if I were to take a guess this has more to do with maximizing the logistics. Essentially filling the capacity of transport to certain regions/areas. With that said, I find it remarkable the destination fees on these cars are nearly equivalent (appx. -$150) to car being shipped from Germany.

I am also waiting for mine too! My build date was 8/8!!!!! I live 5 hour away from chi-town? I would have drove it home myself! Going on 2 week for shipment! The logistic engineer should be fired!

PS. I’m really considering my options here!!!!! Should I even buy new/this car?

Just to update everyone that seems to be in a similar situation as me. I was told today they believe my car is in a batch of cars that are being randomly inspected for QA. Perhaps that is the hold up on the vehicles that were built in 8/1x time frame. Part that bothers me is, I was not given a new ETA after it the original one passed.

Just to update everyone that seems to be in a similar situation as me. I was told today they believe my car is in a batch of cars that are being randomly inspected for QA. Perhaps that is the hold up on the vehicles that were built in 8/1x time frame. Part that bothers me is, I was not given a new ETA after it the original one passed.

Was it your dealer with this information?

Johnny 16, yes it was my dealership that had this insight.

My dealer told me that my EX will get here when it gets here. It sometimes just happens that way.... Wish I had just a little bit more information than that.

My dealer also said it will get here when it gets here. They haven't given me any updates. I called the marketing number today and they said it still awaiting shipment. I hope there is not a hold up. I was really excited when it completed build, now I'm annoyed.

I just spoke with Customer Service and mine has not been pulled for a quality check. It still shows awaiting shipment. I would think that for as many vehicles that they produce in a day it shouldn't take long to fill up a car hauler going in the same direction. I'm with you Greg99. This is just getting annoying.

I just spoke with Customer Service and mine has not been pulled for a quality check. It still shows awaiting shipment. I would think that for as many vehicles that they produce in a day it shouldn't take long to fill up a car hauler going in the same direction. I'm with you Greg99. This is just getting annoying.

Lukish what's the Customer Service number.

Keep us posted if you find anything and when it arrives. I will do the same.

It's 1-800-392-3673 option 1, then option 5 then option 6. You do actually get to speak with a customer service agent who can look into what's going on. Mine has actually had a case started and the regional customer sales manager is supposed to call by end of business today. Will keep you posted as to what's going on.

I have to say overall, this purchasing experience pales to anything I have purchased in the past. Considering it is 2013, I cannot believe they do not offer a web portal that we can check the order status on our own. Don't know about you guys, but if my car was still in production it would bother me less. Knowing the car is built and awaiting transport is what is eating me up...again $885 for destination from Chicago?

I just called the number above. (thanks for posting it). They stated it is not on a quality hold, just waiting delivery. The person on phone said it needs to be ten days from the estimated delivery date before there is a concern.

I called Ford CS and they said it was delivered Aug 16th and my dealer is clueless !!!! Nobody knows anything !!!

Going to the dealer Monday for my deposit!!!!!!!

Good luck to you all!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Johnny16, Per your details....did the dealer indeed sell your car?!

I'm supposed to be given another update by the dealership next week. I'd like to believe by then (10 days past the ETA) they have something more definitive to tell me.

Back