2014 sport ordered | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 sport ordered

went and took a look at her today, everything appears ok. Only drove her around the lot as I'm letting them keep her until they get the accessories in wednesday and installed, going to pick her up sometime thursday, and friday heading off on a 1600 km trip. Next time i see her she ill have winters installed, window visors, mud flaps, roof rack cross members, and the bumper protector.

The dealer here is also testing out the new ford branded smartphone remote start setup, they have installed it on a couple of employee vehicles so i said to let me know when they roll that out to the rest of us.

not even clean here and she is shining.
sport-L.jpg

i also spotted a silver one in town today, that was my second color choice, looks sharp. so thats at least two red, two black, and one silver one in town, plus another one a few hours south of me thats on the forums here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice looking. Did you get the sienna or charcoal interior?

Glad to hear yours came in! Looks great! :thumbsup:

What bumper protector are you getting for it?? We wanted to get one for ours, but can't seem to find the right one.

See you out on Hwy 63!

Glad to hear yours came in! Looks great! :thumbsup:

What bumper protector are you getting for it?? We wanted to get one for ours, but can't seem to find the right one.

See you out on Hwy 63!

I plan on getting a clear bra type protection film put on my bumper as soon as I can. It will cover the top and around the edge and barely be visible.

I just went with the oem protector, it should serve fine for now. Just back from a couple hours scooting around, she's pretty sweet. weather and roads are not the best, but its at least a good test of the winter tires. I never noticed it at the dealer today with everything going on, but after looking at the pic below, i realized they never installed my front mud flaps, just the rears. Everything else is great. The adaptive cruise is cool, and compared to the rav, this thing feels like a tank.

sport001-XL.jpg

sport002-XL.jpg

So whats your first impression of the tires?

I was also looking at the Hankook iPike RW11, they have good reviews similar to the Blizzaks.

I like them so far. Did 4 hours of highway driving yesterday, they are quiet and smooth. No prob with the snow and ice covered side streets. The real test for me will be how they handle roads that are effectively unplowed for most of the winter in extreme cold. Of course the sport has no prob overpowering the grip avail from the tires lol. It's traction and stability control seem much less intrusive than the v6 rav 4 i upgraded from.

Ya that's the beauty and sophistication of the Explorer 4WD system.

Have you had a chance to change Terrain Management Modes to see if the SNOW mode is really something you can notice when your on those unplowed roads?

I will never get a chance to experience it.

I played with it a bit over the weekend, one morning the roads were very slippery, and the snow mode softened up the throttle response nicely to help keep the thing from spinning its tires at every touch of the gas peddle.

I'm getting peeved!! I was told last week delivery. Car was built on 11/13. In transit since.

Now they said Monday. Nope. On a train still...arriving in Winslow, Arizona via rail (yeah...that song). Likely dealer by Wed. Wow! 3 weeks for transfer.

And the car doesn't show up on Fords website for the dealer, nor the dealers inventory website yet. Strange? Window sticker has "Special Order" on it, so maybe Ford doesn't publish a car that's been customer ordered?

I'm getting peeved!! I was told last week delivery. Car was built on 11/13. In transit since...

I checked out the status of your Explorer, gwjoeymed; it looks like you'll be getting some good news soon! :D

Crystal

Yep! Dealer called. Putting it through pre delivery inspection. Going to pick it up soon. Show you guys later.
Thanks, Crystal.

Car fun to drive. No problems with delivery. Mine had a note that said it had been "Randomly Selected" for extra scrutiny and driven for 30.0 miles at the factory. What luck.

For the few minutes I drove it.

1) Engine fun and responsive. Slightly smelly with 41 miles on it, though. Likely burning the junk out of the engine. Recommends 87 octane...I thought premium. So that's nice.
2) Pleasantly surprised by the sound system and quality. Much better than my previous.
3) Haven't settled into my seat position yet...tweaking seat position is annoying.
4) Moonroof is a great option, but controls terribly confusing at first but I'm sure I'll get used to them.

I'll post photos tomorrow of that strange note and other random things tomorrow. Too tired now! I gotta figure out photobucket also

Dealer/salesman got on my nerves, though, and I was verrrrry close to nixing the whole deal. Another day I'll explain, though.

Car fun to drive. No problems with delivery. Mine had a note that said it had been "Randomly Selected" for extra scrutiny and driven for 30.0 miles at the factory. What luck.

For the few minutes I drove it.

1) Engine fun and responsive. Slightly smelly with 41 miles on it, though. Likely burning the junk out of the engine. Recommends 87 octane...I thought premium. So that's nice.
2) Pleasantly surprised by the sound system and quality. Much better than my previous.
3) Haven't settled into my seat position yet...tweaking seat position is annoying.
4) Moonroof is a great option, but controls terribly confusing at first but I'm sure I'll get used to them.

I'll post photos tomorrow of that strange note and other random things tomorrow. Too tired now! I gotta figure out photobucket also

Dealer/salesman got on my nerves, though, and I was verrrrry close to nixing the whole deal. Another day I'll explain, though.

Your's was selected for QC audit.

Mine is the same, they do that to ensure everything is just right so consider yourself lucky. As apposed to having it shipped with issues and some knob at the dealership tries to fix it during PDI without the proper knowledge.

Your's was selected for QC audit.

Mine is the same, they do that to ensure everything is just right so consider yourself lucky. As apposed to having it shipped with issues and some knob at the dealership tries to fix it during PDI without the proper knowledge.

How did you find out yours was selected too?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im passing out Chocolate cigars today from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory with the birth of the new Ex........wife has said she wants me to see a shrink.....LOL!

I don't see the problem with celebrating the new addition to the family.

Some people just don't get it.

Back