• Register Today It's free!

2014 vs 2016 Explorer Limited

EGUY4

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Limited AWD
I see a lot of people on here are always asking about purchasing a new Explorer, so I will add some info that I hope helps some.

I just traded in my 2014 Limited that was pretty loaded for a 2016 Limited.

My old Limited was in excellent shape and had less than 30,000 miles on it.

I never had any problem with it at all.

I only traded it because there was a friends and family discount going on in Dec.

So I ordered a 2016 Limited with the same features as my 2014 and added the 301A Package for 1 feature.

The "Active Motion" massaging seats!

Well even though I was told it would not be ready until late January early February, I took delivery last Monday after ordering it in early December.

I can tell anyone interested I am very, very happy with the switch.

I took the same colors inside and outside.

Ford certainly refined the Explorer with the 2016 Model.

The leather seats and dash seem of a higher quality.

I use the massaging seats EVERYTIME I get into the vehicle, and LOVE them!

The front camera and washer for both cameras are a homerun.
The rear inflatable seatbelts/adaptive cruise control/LED Headlights and LED Fog lights are bright as can be/(I can actually drive with just the LED Fog Lights on and see fine)/redesigned dash radio/climate control/auto wipers/lane keep assist/are all a pleasure to operate.

I have never and never imagined I'd trade in a 2 year old vehicle that was in mint shape, but I have no regrets at all.

Anyone with a 2014 or older model will be very pleased with the 2016 Model if you seek to upgrade.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I agree whole completely. I traded my 2012 Limited on the Platinum & I love the differences.

The only major difference i see if the front and rear camera with washer and the year. I have a 2014 ltd 302a pkg and i will wait until the 2017 with the sync3. I would love to wait until the 2018 but i'm thinking of doing a 2 years lease on the 2017 that way i will get the 2019 fully redesign model.

The only major difference i see if the front and rear camera with washer and the year. I have a 2014 ltd 302a pkg and i will wait until the 2017 with the sync3. I would love to wait until the 2018 but i'm thinking of doing a 2 years lease on the 2017 that way i will get the 2019 fully redesign model.
New dash cluster, new grille, new liftgate activation, new LED low beams, LED fogs, new sound system, new antenna (finally), cameras with 180 degree views and I'm sure there is more.:thumbsup:

Peter

What i meant is to the mft to sync 3 mft will be a dinosaur soon and to get into a new refresh with the dinosaur of a operating system to me is ##$#%$
unless you never had and explorer. Know to the aesthetics it looks awesome no doubt. I know of all the other changes, cluster etc....

I have been thinking about doing this ...anyone mind posting trade-in vs purch price?-anything would help, $, % whatever you want to tell.

The only reason I made the trade in was because of the December "friends and family" sale the dealer was running.

This sale allowed to get a Limited that had more features than my 2014 Limited did for less money.

The sale took off about 3k off the price.

I don't think I would have made the trade without the sale.

But I am glad I caught the sale because I truly love all the changes Ford made.

My 2014 was a great vehicle, but the 2016 is a better vehicle.

Back