2014 XLT parking brake pedal assembly | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 XLT parking brake pedal assembly

Chad Carter

Reaction score
City, State
RALEIGH, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 explorer XLT
Does anyone have a DIY video or instructions for removing the parking brake pedal assembly?

I am almost done with the process but there had to be an easier way.
I removed most under-dash components; however the size 13mm nut at the rear of the parking brake assembly (toward the front of the car) is a pain to get to..

There is barely any room to work there and I can barely get a ratchet to click even once, to remove it. I am slowly working it off, but there has to be something I didn't remove. It seems that the area is closed off on each side between the fuse box and current parking brake pedal assembly. Any ideas? Any recommendations on tools to reach this easier or to put it back on?

Thanks!

Does anyone have a DIY video or instructions for removing the parking brake pedal assembly?

I am almost done with the process but there had to be an easier way.
I removed most under-dash components; however the size 13mm nut at the rear of the parking brake assembly (toward the front of the car) is a pain to get to..

There is barely any room to work there and I can barely get a ratchet to click even once, to remove it. I am slowly working it off, but there has to be something I didn't remove. It seems that the area is closed off on each side between the fuse box and current parking brake pedal assembly. Any ideas? Any recommendations on tools to reach this easier or to put it back on?

Thanks!
I'm in the process of doing this myself right now. How'd it turn out? Any tips?

FYI, the member you quoted was last seen here on December 12, 2019.

Peter

Back