2015 Appearance Package Seats

Darkhorse

Reaction score
City, State
Delaware Water Gap
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 JKUR X
Howdy,

I am ordering a 2015 XLT and am considering the Appearance Package. The dealer sent some interior pictures from a truck that had red stitching. He said the Miko leather upgrade comes like that. I thought that was quite hideous. So my issue is that I like the 20 inch machined wheels, but if it only comes with red stitched seats I think I'll pass on that option.

Hopefully, someone has actual pictures and the stitching is better looking.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well after chatting with someone online(on the build page) from Ford, I have been informed the Appearance Package only comes in charcoal black leather with grey-ish accent stitching. I asked if this was only the front seats, and he answered "no". Any other pictures available? "no"

I then asked if I could just get the wheels, or if I ordered the appearance package, could I cancel some of the stuff like the different colored grill....answer was "no". I am concerned about how the white platinum would look with the grey grill, as opposed to a normal XLT grill.

I asked if he had any exterior pictures (aside from the ONE blue picture on the build site)....answer was "no" and "wait until they come out".

Certainly a unique marketing strategy. ..

I happened to head over to the dealership today. After the appearance package announcement I'm very interested in buy this. They had a red XLT with the appearance package on the lot. I did not test drive, but did get inside and can confirm that there is no red stitching. I did not think to take a picture though. So even with red exterior there is no matching stitching.

I really liked the look, but hoping someone spies a Magnetic XLT with appearance package somewhere and snaps some pictures. I got one of the red if anyone is interested I could post it.

That appearance package looks very close to the Sport model. You really have to look close to notice the difference. As for the grill, it looks fine to me charcoal but dark enough to almost be mistaken for a Sport. A white one arrived with my white Sport the same day.

Some Pictures

Just picked up a 2015 XLT over the weekend, so far couldn't be happier. Knew I had to join a forum to keep up to date on any tips or complaints.

Here are some pictures of what the interior looks like with the appearance package.

Side:

15031222373_5f08fe65b5_c.jpg

Front Seat:

15465799570_83120fbd0d_c.jpg

Back Seat:

15031222133_a7a9eec80f_c.jpg

They are very comfy.

Hope this gives anyone some better information. I know these vehicles have been out for a few months already just excited to show mine off!!

Congrats!!! You've got me salivating....I also ordered a White Platinum XLT with the "Appearance Package".....should only be another 2 weeks tops....best of luck!!!

We also bought a 2015 Explorer White with appearance package. Love the gray accents on the wheels, grille, the rear view mirrors and the rear deck lid gray chrome strip. The Miko leather seats are very comfortable. Enjoy your ride.

Just received my 2015 XLT in Platinum with the Appearance package.

In retrospect, I wish I would have ordered it in Silver, I think that would look best with the Appearance package accent colors.

Also, for anyone ordering, I ordered through a leasing company on 10/2 and took delivery on 12/16.

Good to see the pics of the seats above, Miko suede. The only ones I've found with this
detail. We are shopping, and this helps. Want an XLT, appearance pkg. and can't
have leather. Meeting with dealer tomorrow, either silver, white or red.
We can still order a new 2015 until Jan. 31.

The 2016's don't offer this option.

glad to see I'm not the only one disappointed that you can't get the painted pocket wheels without getting the suede seats...not a deal breaker as mine should be here in 2 days...but still.

Love mine

New to the forums, had to post. Just picked up my 2015 XLT with appearance package. I picked the bronze fire color and I'm loving it. I'll post some pics when I get a chance (and figure out how to lol)

Back