2015 base model, sound under the steering wheel | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 base model, sound under the steering wheel

Black Eyed

Reaction score
City, State
Riyadh
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2015 base model
hello explorers

after i got my new explorer base model, 7500 miles until now, a sound start to appear under the steering wheel when the gear about to change above 2000 RPM, i don't know how to describe the sound, but its like breathing or Exhalation,

it's disappear after the gear change and appear when the next shift comes, the sound is inside the cabinet somewhere close to the driver knees. any idea what is that?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you checked your Explorer for Darth Vader?

are you serious ?

not funny
I though it was a bit amusing.;)
It isn't unusual for some members to make remarks like that and no harm is meant by it. As for your noise issue, I don't recall a similar problem being posted here in the almost 5 years that I've been on this forum. I'm guessing by the non constructive replies that have been posted that not many have any idea of what is causing the issue. A dealer visit may be in order.

Peter

are you serious ?

not funny

Sorry man, just a little joke. Like Peter said, I think we are all perplexed on this one. I also have never experienced or read about this issue. Please report back after your dealer visit.

sorry guys i didn't take it as a joke, anyway you're welcome guys, sorry again.

Back