2015 Ex Sport sync2 to sync3 nav repeater to IPC question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Ex Sport sync2 to sync3 nav repeater to IPC question

tahlequawesome

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
Thanks to the information presented in other threads I was able to replace my Sync2 system with a Sync3 APIM and screen from a 2017 Explorer.
After a couple weeks of reading and testing different asbuilt codes I have pretty much everything working except a specific type of nav information sending to the IPC infotainment screen. Turn-by-turn directions work correctly from Sync3 nav, including accurate distance to destination and ETA, however speed limit indicators no longer send to the screen, though they are shown on the 8" screen. Android Auto turn by turn also sends to the infotainment screen with incorrect distance and ETA information that seems to be par for the course with AA and sync3 3.4 from what I can tell.
What I am missing from the Sync2 system is current street names and speed limit signs repeating to the IPC when I'm not in an "active" navigation scenario, e.g. just driving around town the sync3 nav map includes a banner at the bottom that indicates current street name and (if info is available) the speed limit. That same information used to appear on the IPC with Sync2, has anyone seen it on the IPC after a Sync3 upgrade?
tl;dw - Has anyone seen current street name and speed limit signs on their IPC infotainment screen after a Sync2-Sync3 upgrade? If so, would you be willing to share your APIM and IPC asbuilts?

I've spent like a year and a half wondering about and asking about this exact problem and my assumption at this point is this is just a lost feature. I've been wanting to see if a Flex IPC is the same other than lens and maybe get a Sync 3 era Flex IPC as I assume it would work on those. Similar to the fact that fan speed and temp repeaters don't display on the sync 3 unit. Also the dual button being messed up/backwards, etc. Fmods had a hack to fix that but I haven't ever sat down and jail broken the unit to install it.

Back