2015 Explorer Air, ambient lighting, outside temp gauge stopped working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Explorer Air, ambient lighting, outside temp gauge stopped working

TRxP

Reaction score
City, State
Savannah, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Platinum
As it states I have a 2015 Explorer and all of the sudden this week the air stopped working and wont blow hot or cold air, It turns on but nothing happens. Ambient lighting will no longer turn on and on top of that outside temp gauge stopped working as the screen no longer shows the outside temperature. I'm wondering of anyone else has ever seen or heard of this kind of issue as I'm thinking and I'm almost positive it has to all be related because they all stopped working at the same time.

I have an extended coverage plan but they want me to wait 15 days before they will get to see my car. If its a simple fix id be more than happy to do it rather than wait half a month for them to look at it.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I don't believe this situation has come up before. My first thought was a blown fuse but there isn't one that controls all 3 functions. I suppose you could try a Master Reset or a negative battery disconnect. Let it sit for a few minutes before reconnecting. You will lose some saved memory settings. Not sure what else to tell you. Perhaps another member has some insight into this problem.

Peter

No other dealerships you can try?

The only thing I can add is... if your outside air temp sensor goes bad, the HVAC system does not function properly. It needs to know the outside temp to know what settings to use.

However, I do not see how that would be tied to the Ambient Lighting.

yeah it has me baffled as well. I've been debating doing the master reset and I am hoping it will work so I might just try that today. The only other dealership is about an hour away and this is my daily driver so I don't want to have it too far from where I live. Especially since I can drop it off and walk to work since its just a few streets down while they work on it if they need to

Back