2015 Explorer Police Interceptor aux steering controls | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Explorer Police Interceptor aux steering controls

67chevl

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Interceptor
Can anyone help me find instructions on how to set up the aux controls on the steering wheel (the ones that can be used for lights and siren). Does this require an extra module?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They are simply 1Amp triggers that can be set up to do almost anything.

Most of the emergency lighting vendors have interface modules to allow you to use them with their proprietary controllers.

I have them on mine, nice to have but there is a 1-1.5 second delay thats annoying.

InterMotive makes a module to allow the switches to be momentary, timed, or latching.

They are simply 1Amp triggers that can be set up to do almost anything.

Most of the emergency lighting vendors have interface modules to allow you to use them with their proprietary controllers.

I have them on mine, nice to have but there is a 1-1.5 second delay thats annoying.

InterMotive makes a module to allow the switches to be momentary, timed, or latching.

Are the switches still only functional with the ignition on or have they changed that?

Are the switches still only functional with the ignition on or have they changed that?

Mine are hot all the time......I will confirm whats OEM though.

I think the InterMotive PIM module has the ability to configure that.

Like the other thread, sorry about the late bump, but I just joined the forums! Has anyone been able to solve this issue in the meantime. In addition, the buttons on the left side of my steering wheel seem like the controls have gotten mixed up and the up arrow acts like the OK button for me. I would greatly appreciate any help!

Like the other thread, sorry about the late bump, but I just joined the forums! Has anyone been able to solve this issue in the meantime. In addition, the buttons on the left side of my steering wheel seem like the controls have gotten mixed up and the up arrow acts like the OK button for me. I would greatly appreciate any help!
Did you get any answers on this issue?

Back