2015 explorer shows low battery Features Temporarily Turned off | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 explorer shows low battery Features Temporarily Turned off

widewave

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 PIU V6 3.7L
From yesterday, my 2015 explorer show low battery Features Temporarily Turned off when stop at stop sign.
Is that cause by battery? The battery is about 3.5 years old.
If I just start it and not drive it, No this warning!
I remembered that about two month ago, I use a huge brake on highway because the car ahead of mine stopped.
That's the only abnormal thing I can recall.
Thank you!

Update:
Now it show 'Low Battery Features Temporarily Turned off' after started and drove a while.
But I can still drive it a long way as no issue.

1/13 Update:
This car is 3.7L, another explorer is 3.5L.
I used the multimeter wrong way.
Now I measured the voltage: 12.6V, is that too low? another car battery is 12.4v.
I exchanged my two 2015 Explorer battery, this car is still show 'Low Battery Features Temporarily Turned off', another car is still good for now.
I use a obd scanner, but no code, no frame data.

1/14 update:
I exchanged my two 2015 Explorer battery and positive terminal, this car is still show 'Low Battery Features Temporarily Turned off', another car is still good for now.

1/15 update:
I measured battery voltage and alternator back terminal voltage when running.
This car 11.9V, the other car 14.9V.
Is the alternator bad or some fuse?

IMG_E6512[1].JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What is turning off? The battery can be tested for free at AutoZone
I don't know. Using heater. but not use radio or lights when driving.
The battery can still start the car without issue and I measure the voltage is about 24-26V.

The voltage should be 14.5v while running and around 12.5v when car is turned off.

You may have an electrical issue within the HVAC modules. You can check for bad modules with ForScan.

Either your battery is about to fail or it has a corroded connection.

You also need a new multimeter.

From yesterday, my 2015 explorer show low battery Features Temporarily Turned off when stop at stop sign.
Is that cause by battery? The battery is about 3.5 years old.
Thank you!
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
From your Owner's Manual;

1704817531224.png

Looks like you either need a new battery or get the one you have charged up.

Peter

The voltage should be 14.5v while running and around 12.5v when car is turned off.

You may have an electrical issue within the HVAC modules. You can check for bad modules with ForScan.
I measured my another 2015 ford explorer battery, 26V.
Do you mean OBD scan?

It do have corroded connection but I cleaned it, it still show low battery when stop...

Maybe because my car is PIU?

I measured my another 2015 ford explorer battery, 26V.
Do you mean OBD scan?
I sent you a private message a while ago about adding the trim so it appears in the margin. That is useful info to have.
There is a subforum for the PIU.

Peter

I sent you a private message a while ago about adding the trim so it appears in the margin. That is useful info to have.
There is a subforum for the PIU.

Peter
Thank you for your information!
Are you an admin? Can you please help me to move this thread to the PIU subforum?
Or I have to create an new thread in the PIU subforum?

Thank you for your information!
Are you an admin? Can you please help me to move this thread to the PIU subforum?
Or I have to create an new thread in the PIU subforum?
I'm a moderator and the thread has been moved as per your request.
Good luck.

Peter

You are right!
I used the multimeter wrong way.
Now I measured the voltage: 12.6V

The connections are really corroded.
I clean them at my best but it may still not enough.
I used the multimeter wrong way... the voltage is 12.6v.

I'm a moderator and the thread has been moved as per your request.
Good luck.

Peter
1/15 update:
I measured battery voltage and alternator back terminal voltage when running.
This car 11.9V, the other car 14.9V.
Is the alternator bad or some fuse?
How to check fuse?
How could I drive it a long way if alternator was bad?
Thank you!

@widewave, please see my private message sent some time ago about adding the Required trim level (Base, XLT, Limited, etc.) of the Explorer.

Peter

Replace battery. It's probably on its last leg since you said it's 3.5 years old. Be sure to reset the battery monitoring system after replacing the battery.

Replace battery. It's probably on its last leg since you said it's 3.5 years old. Be sure to reset the battery monitoring system after replacing the battery.
I replaced battery and positive terminal the alternator still not charge the battery.
So I ordered an new alternator.
I will try to replace the alternator.

I replaced battery and positive terminal the alternator still not charge the battery.
Did you order an OEM Ford alternator? If not, you may still have issues as many members have had problems with aftermarket ones.

Peter

If you do, buy one from the dealer. There is people having issues with aftermarket ones. Do not get a rebuilt one either if all possible.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back