2015 Explorer - Speculation / Fact | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Explorer - Speculation / Fact

peterk9

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2023 Aviator Reserve 201A
Callsign
VE3
I've now seen a few sites that show this as the 2015 Explorer. I wonder how close it would be to the actual one?

Peter

Attachments

• 2015-ford-explorer-side-view.jpg
    2015-ford-explorer-side-view.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 8,214

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've now seen a few sites that show this as the 2015 Explorer. I wonder how close it would be to the actual one?

Peter

I drive a minivan right now as my explorer is still on order. My minivan is ugly and I know it, but with all the seats out I needed the large cavernous storage area so I bought the ugly thing.

That concept picture is ugly and I would buy it if it really really fits my needs. Otherwise, I do not see that selling big. The current design is as good or better than many SUVs imo.

I drive a minivan right now as my explorer is still on order. My minivan is ugly and I know it, but with all the seats out I needed the large cavernous storage area so I bought the ugly thing.

That concept picture is ugly and I would buy it if it really really fits my needs. Otherwise, I do not see that selling big. The current design is as good or better than many SUVs imo.
You should see the inside that they have along with it. I could take the outside but not the inside. In any case there are usually so many rumours and misleading stories that I guess we'll have to wait and see what appears on the showroom floor. My lease is up March 2015.

Peter

Peter Im pretty sure that's the Explorer America Concept vehicle and its been out for a while. I don't know how much it has to do with the 15/16MY.

Must have James Bond mirrors that retract when you don't look at them.

Peter Im pretty sure that's the Explorer America Concept vehicle and its been out for a while. I don't know how much it has to do with the 15/16MY.
Just thought I'd throw it out there to see what responses I get. Every time I search on 2015 Explorer, that one seems to pop up. Like I said, I'm not sure how much if any it will resemble the actual production Ex.

Peter

Must have James Bond mirrors that retract when you don't look at them.
I noticed that as well the first time I saw it. Perhaps the retract instead of fold.

Peter

Im pretty sure that was out before ours was released

I noticed that as well the first time I saw it. Perhaps the retract instead of fold.

Peter

Yes Peter, u can definitely see something sticking out in that area. Interesting.

For what i have been hearing from my dealer and from a shop by me that does the modifications for ford the most changes will be in the motor, headlights, tail lights, mft and colors.

i seriously hope ford isnt going to release a new vehicle with an old honda pilot design.....

Peter

Is that a Honda Explorer or a Ford Pilot? I can't tell...?

For what i have been hearing from my dealer and from a shop by me that does the modifications for ford the most changes will be in the motor, headlights, tail lights, mft and colors.
That is what I suspect will happen. I don't expect major body changes. One article I read mentioned the possibility of the Lincoln 3.7 engine being installed in the Explorer.
Like I mentioned, until it actually goes into production, I'm guessing around September or so, we won't know for sure what it will have. I just thought I'd post this to get some reaction from the membership. Seems to be working ;)

Peter

i seriously hope ford isnt going to release a new vehicle with an old honda pilot design.....

I was thinking honda element, but we're on the same page

Explorer owners must see the same thing when they look at vehicle designs.

I said "Honda Pilot" as soon as I first saw that ugly thing.

Honda makes solid products but their styling is so outdated.

...pass. door corner window seals look good I tell ya...finally...

What I would like to see is body on frame, solid axles, and a v8 option.
I'll keep dreaming...

There won't be a full redesign of the Explorer so soon, probably not until the 2017 model year. The current Explorer has been a success for Ford so the most I'd expect is a mild facelift.

I suspect a new Expedition based on the new F150 will be released before a facelifted Explorer is announced.

There won't be a full redesign of the Explorer so soon, probably not until the 2017 model year. The current Explorer has been a success for Ford so the most I'd expect is a mild facelift.

I suspect a new Expedition based on the new F150 will be released before a facelifted Explorer is announced.
I've heard a 'facelift' for 2015 and redesign for 2016. I wonder if they will go with full LED headlamps on the 2015 Ex like they have on the F150.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That thing looks horrible... I hated the pre 2011 body style and it looks like they are going back in that direction. If they do that our next one will be an expedition or F250

Back