2015 Explorer Sport catch-can and PTU fluid question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Explorer Sport catch-can and PTU fluid question

tsx500

Reaction score
City, State
New York City
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
Hi, new forum member here...purchased a 2015 Sport Turbo model a few months ago...my cousin who used to have the same model told me that (from his own experience) it's very important to pay attention to the catch-can and the PTU fluid .... fyi I'm no mechanic, I let the dealer or qualified mechanic handle any service/repairs etc.... so can someone here give me more detail or info/advice on the catch-can and PTU fluid ? I'd really appreciate it, tia ! ( I'm not able to contact my cousin anymore unfortunately )

The PTU fluid is too little volume and gets turned I to a thick gel. This eventually ruins the PTU for an expensive repair. The catch can helps keep oily mess out of your intake.

Hi, new forum member here...purchased a 2015 Sport Turbo model a few months ago...my cousin who used to have the same model told me that (from his own experience) it's very important to pay attention to the catch-can and the PTU fluid .... fyi I'm no mechanic, I let the dealer or qualified mechanic handle any service/repairs etc.... so can someone here give me more detail or info/advice on the catch-can and PTU fluid ? I'd really appreciate it, tia ! ( I'm not able to contact my cousin anymore unfortunately )
Welcome to the Forum.
Found these using the 'Search' feature (upper right). There are several more threads.

Peter

The number one concern is the waterpump. Find a qualified mechanic who knows the Ecoboost platform. Without having any mechanical skill, owning a twin turbo direct injected engine can be fun to deal with 😂

Back