2015 Explorer Sport Engine noise | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Explorer Sport Engine noise

Sdrush25

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer sport
Has anyone experienced a loud high pitched almost winding noise when vehicle RPM's are higher (noticed more when vehicle is between 2-3kRPM? I notice it when the car is shifting gears, but it doesn't sound like a transmission noise. Initially (the first time) the engine power actually stopped and check engine light came on. I Shut the car off turned it back on and check engine light came off. Since then (about 6months or so) I get the noise. It is not every time. It happens randomly but more often when you floor it and usually goes away after the RPM's have gone back down. I don't know how to upload sound (or if you can) but I have it recorded on my phone. I have brought it to the dealership three times now. Each time they tell me something different. One time they were able to replicate other two they said could not replicate, even when I give them the recording.
My cousin who works on Fords a lot said it sounds like the bearings are tight and starving for oil or the waste gate isn't closing correctly. (he lives in another state so cant take a look at it, he's guessing off the sound clip I sent him) When I told that to the dealership they said "ok" and the end result was "cannot replicate" I have had to take three different days off of work to bring it in and get looked at. Each time with no change. Its getting old....
I just want it fixed. I didn't spend over 45K on a car for random noises that make it sound like my engine is going to take off without me.

Back