2015 Explorer Sport - hood protector? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Explorer Sport - hood protector?

Samfrombham

Reaction score
City, State
Birmingham, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
I've got a 2015 Ford Explorer Sport - all black in and out, tinted front windows and strip on the top of the windshield. Next, I am really hoping to find a hood protector to go on the front but everything I see listed won't fit on the 2015 Sport due to something related to the engine setup under the hood with the turbo. Is anyone aware of a hood protector that can fit on a 2015 Sport?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Sam. :wave:
Are looking for something like a hood deflector?

Peter
Yeah, I think there are several names

Ex: https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...zw7l51G0gFmx2aqN7KRoC0t4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

In that case, I don't understand what the engine setup has to do with it. As far as I know, they still just clip to the front edge of the hood.

Peter

In that case, I don't understand what the engine setup has to do with it. As far as I know, they still just clip to the front edge of the hood.

Peter
I thought the same thing so i bought one (and ignored the "excluding Explorer Sport" on the product details) and sure enough the hood wouldn't close. Is there a site you use for mods that has good products for Explorer Sport models from 2015?

someone mentioned that the other 2015 models don't have the "Explorer" name on the front hood and that impacts the shape of the deflector on the hood - i'm going to remove the letters and give it a try

I thought the same thing so i bought one (and ignored the "excluding Explorer Sport" on the product details) and sure enough the hood wouldn't close. Is there a site you use for mods that has good products for Explorer Sport models from 2015?
If there is a site, I'm not aware of it.

someone mentioned that the other 2015 models don't have the "Explorer" name on the front hood and that impacts the shape of the deflector on the hood - i'm going to remove the letters and give it a try
Are the letters actually touching the deflector? If I recall correctly, the one I had on my 2011 Limited had small 'bumpers' that held the deflector away from the hood.

Peter

Back