2015 Explorer Sport: K&N Cold Air Intake + MagnaFlow Exhaust | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Explorer Sport: K&N Cold Air Intake + MagnaFlow Exhaust

Reaction score
City, State
Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
I'm getting the K&N Cold Air Intake along with the MagnaFlow exhaust installed this week.

Has anyone done this to their 2015? Much different before/after?

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Getting the K&N and MagnaFlow installed.

I'm getting the K&N Cold Air Intake along with the MagnaFlow exhaust installed this week.

Has anyone done this to their 2015? Much different before/after?

Thanks.
There are several existing threads on both topics that you can find using the Forum's handy 'Search' feature.
Several posts that the K&N is a waste of money unless you combine it with a 'tune'. Others like it but don't expect any gains in mpg or hp. It should produce a little more noise. Several members that installed the Magnaflow exhaust found it 'droned' to much and removed it. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/magnaflow-exhaust.358346/
There are others that seemed happy with it so you're bound to get varying opinions.

Peter

There are several existing threads on both topics that you can find using the Forum's handy 'Search' feature.
Several posts that the K&N is a waste of money unless you combine it with a 'tune'. Others like it but don't expect any gains in mpg or hp. It should produce a little more noise. Several members that installed the Magnaflow exhaust found it 'droned' to much and removed it. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/magnaflow-exhaust.358346/
There are others that seemed happy with it so you're bound to get varying opinions.

Peter

Trust me, I used the SEARCH feature, which was brutal! Everything was VERY old. Some had one or the other, but not both. Thanks though. I'll get the chip when the warranty expires.

I have a K&n filter, Magneflow exhaust and Diablo tune on my 15 sport.. runs like a scaled animal.... Worth every penny .. did not do full intake only Filter.. magneflow sounds better every day.

Getting the K&N and MagnaFlow installed.

I want it too. Which website did you order magnaFlow from? I want a nice combo of full CAI and MagnaFlow for the sound mainly. I really have to press on gas pedal to hear a little noise. The other thing that I have been reading on lately is MagnaFlow cat back or Cat less? One of them is making some kind of drown sound in cabin when the speed is between 65-75 mph. I know I probably sound clueless.

Downpipes are really needed to help improve performance along with the exhaust otherwise the downpipes are a choke point for the turbos. From my reading the people who experienced the drone and rasp just used the rear Magnaflow mufflers and deleted the rest....they didn't seem to install the full Magnaflow system. Also the link Peter gave is for a two into one system. Way different.

I'll get the chip when the warranty expires.

How do you like the new exhaust? Did you add downpipes?

How do you like the new exhaust? Did you add downpipes?[/QUOTE]

Well, I've only put on about 20 miles with the new MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust and K&N CAI... At first I wasn't a big fan of the exhaust note, but it is growing on me... I think it's because this thing flies! Night/day difference! I've had two buddies in it with me, both agree. One buddy didn't like the noise... The other said it sounded like a performance SUV... I could only imagine this thing chipped!

Upon cold starts, it is really loud, rumbly, and kind of has a droning noise in the cabin... Someone said that it might go away with more miles? I'm pretty satisfied overall... I paid $1600 for everything installed. I just turned 14K miles on the SUV. I'll update in a few weeks.

Back