• Register Today It's free!

2015 explorer sport ordered

jensnewride

Reaction score
City, State
Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 ford explorer
I just ordered my 2015 explorer sport on August 15th. The dealer said that it would be about 6-8 weeks for delivery. Can anyone verify if this sounds right. Due to a milage limitation they put on my trade in, I am kinda in a panic now. Thanks for any assistance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just ordered my 2015 explorer sport on August 15th. The dealer said that it would be about 6-8 weeks for delivery. Can anyone verify if this sounds right. Due to a milage limitation they put on my trade in, I am kinda in a panic now. Thanks for any assistance.

My '14 Sport took 7 weeks

Renegotiate the mileage cap if it's getting close.

My 15 explorer sport took 9 weeks. Ford quotes 10-12 weeks due to factory is at max capacity due to demand. Depends on how the dealer ordered it. If they started from scratch it will take 10-12 weeks. if they revised a stock order that was only about 2-3 weeks old they could make the 6-8 week window. Depends on what options you ordered and the body style. Any one factor can effect the time period. Once you get your VIN it is usually only about 4 weeks to dealer arrival.

Mine took 7 weeks.. Im in canada..

Crystal can update you from week to week.. Crystal help me alot and updated me thru the process.. Its a long wait but surely its worth waiting.. And what you want in there is what you get..

Congrats on ordering and welcome to the forum, jensnewride! I'm Crystal, the Ford Service rep around these parts. Yep, 6-8 weeks is typical for an ordered vehicle. Send me a PM with your order number and dealership name/location; I'll provide you with weekly updates on your Explorer's status. :D

... Crystal help me alot and updated me thru the process...

It was my pleasure to help, UsainBolt! :)

Crystal

Back