2015 Explorer XLT Door Chimes with key not in the ignition | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Explorer XLT Door Chimes with key not in the ignition

Bryce Hanson

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer XLT
Keys out of ignition door chimes like the keys are still in the ignition. If I try to lock the doors while exiting the truck they automatically open. I’m sure others have had this issue but I can’t seem to find the tread. All help welcome

On another note I’m taking the truck into a nearby dealer to have the door panels fixed. The same dealer looked at the exhaust fume issues last week.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've never seen or heard of this happening, but my guess would be there's something in the lock cylinder that's stuck, making it think the key is still in there. That's probably going to be a dealer issue too.

Thanks Jon, I let the service rep know of this issue. I’m sure I’m not the first one with this issue but the rep said there would be a $110.00 diagnostic fee, man I hate taking a vehicle to the dealership.

Keys out of ignition door chimes like the keys are still in the ignition. If I try to lock the doors while exiting the truck they automatically open. I’m sure others have had this issue but I can’t seem to find the tread. All help welcome

On another note I’m taking the truck into a nearby dealer to have the door panels fixed. The same dealer looked at the exhaust fume issues last week.
Welcome to the Forum Bryce.:wave:
Have you made sure that the ignition is actually OFF? Perhaps there is an issue with it. Try the window switch and see if the window will operate. I don't recall a similar problem being posted in the Forum.

Peter

Hello, I don't know if you are still having this problem but I have this exact same problem. The dealer told me they couldn't do anything about it. Wondering if you ever solved your problem with the door chimes and no key in the ignition. Every time I open my driver's door the chimes ring even if there isn't a key in the ignition.

Hey Greg. In case you're sitting by the computer waiting for a reply, I want to let you know the member hasn't been active here since January 31, 2018.

Peter

Hey Greg. In case you're sitting by the computer waiting for a reply, I want to let you know the member hasn't been active here since January 31, 2018.

Peter
Thanks. I suspected. I'll just monitor the site. It's nice to know there is a site like this available.

Back