2015 Ford Explorer Cold Start Rattle | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Ford Explorer Cold Start Rattle

asaidla

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
I am recently experiencing a rattle, from the passenger front (appears to be coming from) only during cold starts. I usually use my remote start and let my car warm up and never have the issue. Its only when I don't have the opportunity to warm up the car that this occurs. It usually lasts about 3 or 4 minutes. I notice during this time that the RPMs are very high for the 25-30 mph I have to travel through neighborhood streets. Once I let off the accelerator the rattle stops and the car downshifts. This has been occurring for the last week. Eventually the rattle does stop and goes away. I have 2015 Explorer sport with about 44,000 miles on it. Its still under warranty.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Since you have 44k miles on it and still under warranty, I'm guessing you must have bought the Ford ESP. My first thought was possibly it might be the timing chain although it shouldn't cause any issues with that kind of mileage. Are you sure it isn't a bearing type noise?

Peter

Back