2015 Interceptor Steering Wheel Swap to Facelift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Interceptor Steering Wheel Swap to Facelift

FruztalProjects

Reaction score
City, State
Washington, US
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 PIU
Yes, earlier this year I upgraded to a leather wrapped wheel of the same wheel. But the other day, I got to swap my friends Focus ST pre-facelift steering wheel to the facelift ST wheel. I had to replace the airbag, clockspring and of course the wheel! It gave me the same idea to do the same to my vehicle! Has anyone been able to achieve the same on a Interceptor Utility? I haven't seen it on Explorer at all. I've been wanting to upgrade my wheel from the 2015 one to a 2016 facelift wheel. Would it be the same process as my buddies Focus?

I don't know if anyone has attempted to put a 2016+ Explorer steering wheel on a pre-2016 Explorer. The 2016 was the year it underwent a refresh and there were quite a few changes made internally with the electrical architecture. It was also the year that the list of fuses in the manual was shortened due to the BCM taking over some of the duties.

Peter

Pretty sure I saw a post or thread at one point that indicated the switch pack resistance values had changed, which means you'd need a newer SCCM as well, and whether or not that would be backwards compatible is questionable at best.

Back