• Register Today It's free!

2015 Lease rates, info?

Teledatageek

Reaction score
City, State
Upstate New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Raptor SCAB
Does anyone know residual values for the 2015's?

The quote I received for a 2015 Sport for a two year lease x 18K miles per year doesn't match up to what I calculated. I thought I was told 62% residual.

I'm not sure what the money factor % but what is typical?

I think my dealer is basing on Ford Red Carpet lease.

Quote came in @$800.00 per month for a fully loaded sport w/zero down but my calculations work up to closer to $700.00. $52K delivered at MSRP but a selling price of $46.5K - sales tax not included in the total figures but are included in the monthly lease numbers provided here.

Appreciate the help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This admittedly won't be the most helpful post, but I gave up trying to calculate lease payments with Ford. I spent literally an hour with my salesman (with him going back and forth to the magical and secretive finance guy) trying unsuccessfully to show me how the calculations added up.

At the end of the day I saw the numbers that they were inputting into the Ford dealer website and convinced myself that even though they couldn't show me the math, they weren't screwing me over either.

When I was sitting at the salesman's desk when I was leasing my 2011 Limited, he actually turned the monitor toward me so I could see what was being input and how adjustments regarding down payments etc, would affect the monthly rate. There was nothing hidden or secretive in my dealing experience.
BTW, the salesman at the Toyota dealership I dealt with for 10 years also did the same thing.

Peter

When I get home I'll log on and look them up for you. 62% residual sounds kinda high for an 18k yr lease. How long was the lease for?

When I get home I'll log on and look them up for you. 62% residual sounds kinda high for an 18k yr lease. How long was the lease for?

Thanks for the posts... It is 62% - 2 years x 18K per year. My sales guy gave me the printouts and I had a couple of values wrong so all good. I fully understand it - so I did the deal and ordered a 2015 Sport - fully loaded. @$797.00 per month which includes everything and zero out of pocket.

Can't wait to get it but of course I have to - he says 8 to 10 weeks.

When I was sitting at the salesman's desk when I was leasing my 2011 Limited, he actually turned the monitor toward me so I could see what was being input and how adjustments regarding down payments etc, would affect the monthly rate. There was nothing hidden or secretive in my dealing experience.
BTW, the salesman at the Toyota dealership I dealt with for 10 years also did the same thing.

Peter

Not to threadjack, but my guy did the same thing showing me his monitor but we couldn't get them to match with any of the online lease calculators I was using. Now that I'm thinking back on it more, I think the issue was with how New York State handles rolling sales tax into the payments. My understanding is that the tax is calculated off of the sum of the payments before tax and then added once again to the with-tax payments. You end up double taxed slightly and we just couldn't get my number and their numbers to agree.

If anyone out there has any better insight as far as that situation goes in NY, I'd be interested in hearing it.

Not to threadjack, but my guy did the same thing showing me his monitor but we couldn't get them to match with any of the online lease calculators I was using. Now that I'm thinking back on it more, I think the issue was with how New York State handles rolling sales tax into the payments. My understanding is that the tax is calculated off of the sum of the payments before tax and then added once again to the with-tax payments. You end up double taxed slightly and we just couldn't get my number and their numbers to agree.

If anyone out there has any better insight as far as that situation goes in NY, I'd be interested in hearing it.

I do not think that's how NYS does it. My understanding is that you pay the sales tax on what you are paying monthly over the term (not the total vehicle price) - in my case taxes, fees, etc. were rolled into the lease and some of the fees off set by incentives (Private Cash and vehicle incentive). Then the monthly was calculated.

This post from an Edmunds forum explains what I've experienced (from multiple unrelated dealers).

Edmunds Forum

Some use the mathematically correct formulas to compute taxes in those instances where taxes are capped in the lease; others don't such as NY. Some states levy tax on tax (Yup, it's NY) when taxes are capped. This, of course, is illegal in most states. I have no clue why this has gone unchallenged in NY. Perhaps no one realizes it except the NY Dept of Revenue's Sales Tax Division.

The Ford finance computer system takes this into account so I think the numbers come out accurate, but in my experience neither salesmen or finance managers can put down on paper exactly where the numbers come from and you just have to go with the payment the computer spits out.

Back