• Register Today It's free!

2015 Limited -Missing GPS

Ciscokid8

Reaction score
City, State
San Jose CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
Hey everyone. I just bought a 2015 with 20 k miles. It was a rental sold by Fird. Evedently the 8" OEM screen is there but the GPS wasn't added so they could rent you a GPS. It's a Limited and has tones of options except the GPS The dealer told me the could add it for $2000! Does anyone know if it's a module or is it an sd card? Has anyone else tried this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Spend $200 and buy a Garmin. They have better maps and you get lifetime map updates.

Hey everyone. I just bought a 2015 with 20 k miles. It was a rental sold by Fird. Evedently the 8" OEM screen is there but the GPS wasn't added so they could rent you a GPS. It's a Limited and has tones of options except the GPS The dealer told me the could add it for $2000! Does anyone know if it's a module or is it an sd card? Has anyone else tried this?

Check out the sticky in the MFT section.
Are you certain, that it can't be activated with the GPS sd card?

Are we talking about gps or navigation? Sounds like navigation. If you are not getting insert sd card errors then your vehicle doesn't have navigation and it's a "module" replacement and several hundred dollars.

One of the guys told me it's an sd card and another told me it was a module

I have moved your thread to the correct subforum. You may want to PM FordIVTteam. I bet if you supply your VIN, they can look up if it is included or if this was a fleet option to delete the gps.

Member jrm061, Jason, can add navigation if that is what you are missing.

Peter

Does it say "INFORMATION" or "NAVIGATION" in the upper right of the MFT home screen? If you can PM me the VIN I can check to see if it was built with Navigation or not.

I have a 2015 Limited as well without Navigation. I'm not sure if you're smartphone savvy or not, but Google Maps appears to be the most updated navigation system out there with real-time traffic. Best of all, it's FREE on both iOs and Android. I use it all the time and simply have it speak all the turn-by-turn directions right into the speakers of the truck via wireless Bluetooth.

Back