2015 Limited - Replacing Liftgate Handle - BB5Z-7841018-AA | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Limited - Replacing Liftgate Handle - BB5Z-7841018-AA

lucky644

Reaction score
City, State
Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer LTD.
The rear, exterior button to open the power liftgate is broken, it appears I need part # BB5Z-7841018-AA

I have searched for an hour with no results, does anyone know if this is a simple, pry it out with a trim tool and pop in the new one? Or do I need to remove the interior trim to replace it?

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks!

1698880402035.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Unfortunately, I don't think this particular issue has come up before so there are no posts to refer to. Hopefully, someone will have the answer.

Peter

Fairly certain #17 in the parts diagram is the 2 screws that go in the metal inserts on the back of it. If you google the part # there's a rear view of it. The inner tail gate trim isn't super hard to remove, IIRC there's 3-4 screws and a lot of popping tabs off.

Fairly certain #17 in the parts diagram is the 2 screws that go in the metal inserts on the back of it. If you google the part # there's a rear view of it. The inner tail gate trim isn't super hard to remove, IIRC there's 3-4 screws and a lot of popping tabs off.
Thank you for the insight, I will proceed with removing the inner trim.

Posted from 2018 Ford Explorer service manual. Hope this helps.

please post from 2018 Ford Explorer service manual. Hope this helps.
Awesome, thank you for this. I’ll be doing it this weekend.

What are those diagrams from? A third party service manual? I’d love to buy whatever it is.

Ford Service Manual. That is from the 2018 Explorer. The 2015 should be very similar.

Ford Service Manual. That is from the 2018 Explorer. The 2015 should be very similar.
Direct from ford? I’ll see if I can find how to buy it.

I completed the swap thanks to the diagrams you posted.

Back