• Register Today It's free!

2015 Louisiana Explorer

odyssey24

Reaction score
City, State
Southwest Louisiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
Well, we just ordered our new 2015 Explorer last week. Sport package with the 401a, and Adaptive Cruise in Ingot Silver. We're hoping to be able to pick it up before the first of the year. We must have spent a hundred hours during the last year comparing SUVs before selecting this vehicle. Fantastic technology in these new things! Test drove one on the lot, and didn't want to get out of it! :)
I just hope all the technology works like it's suppose to! Very much looking forward to the 2015 Explorer experience though!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, we just ordered our new 2015 Explorer last week.
I just hope all the technology works like it's suppose too! Very much looking forward to the 2015 Explorer experience though!

Welcome to the forum odyssey24!! Good to have another "Bayou State" Explorer owner aboard.

The "technology" in the Ex will work like it's supposed too if you don't try to make it do things it wasn't designed to do. I've had excellent results with my Ex.

Good Luck with your Explorer!

Yep... gonna keep it all stock. It's going to be used to make trips to the North Carolina mountains three or four times a year, and to carry kids and grandkids around. I think we are going to love the adaptive cruise control alot. This is the first "tech" heavy vehicle I have ever owned, we have a 2004 Mustang GT now, and a 1995 Chevy 4x4 pickup. This is gonna be like piloting the space shuttle compared to those! :)

Still waiting :( Last word from the dealer last week was it was in a "mixing yard" in Chicago awaiting a train ride south... I hope it doesn't get too cold up there! Glad I ordered the 2015 though... Don't like the 2016 much. Wait Wait Wait

Well, it finally arrived! We are now the proud owners of our 2015 Explorer Sport! We picked it up from the dealer on friday evening. Before I get started let me just say that these opinions are my own, and I know that opinions vary, but I feel that I should share my experience so far. First I would like to thank Crystal, the Ford Rep on this forum, for all of her help giving us tracking information from the day we ordered it to the time it arrived at the dealer. She responded to EVERY PM we sent her in a very timely manner and was a great help to us during the wait. Second, I would like to thank Tarver Ford in Sulphur, Louisiana for their part in this. Their motto is: "Give Us a Chance to Earn your Business". I walked in expecting to have to fight tooth and nail for the price that I wanted. It was the exact opposite. I sat down with the Sales Manager and we discussed exactly how we wanted our Explorer built, pricing, available rebates, and what Tarver Ford offered after the sale. We had done tons of research, not only on the Explorer itself, but on fair pricing for the packages we wanted. Its very rare when you close a deal on a vehicle and you don't feel like you've been beat over the head with a bag of nickels. Yes, they made money, but I saved money too. The Sales Manager even gave us credit for a rebate that I had recieved in the mail that had the wrong address on it, which he didn't have to do. In short, I got a great deal without a fight, and Tarver Ford offers FREE oil changes and inspection stickers for the LIFE OF THE VEHICLE to the original owner. And finally third, our explorer arrived in flawless condition. So far, we have about 500 miles on it, both highway and city driving, and I have never been more impressed with the performance and capability of a vehicle. We have experienced zero problems with any of the systems, and zero problems with any of the issues that have been reported on this forum. I had a chance to put the adaptive cruise control through the paces last night in interstate traffic, and I have to say I LOVE it. It allows you to turn your full attention to the traffic around you without the hassle of braking and resetting your cruise control every time you encounter slower traffic. We even got to experience the collision warning system the day before when a vehicle backed onto the road just ahead of us. Lots of posts on here talk about the headlights on this vehicle not being up to par, but, in my opinion, they are just fine. We also own a 2004 Mustang that has HORRIBLE headlights, so I know what bad headlights are.
We installed two small blind spot mirrors to aid in seeing vehicles in the blind spots, which helps. The Blind Spot warning system however, does a good job of letting you know whats there. I noticed that the warning light comes on just as you loose visual in the mirror of the vehicle that is along side of you. The nav system performed flawlessly getting us to a location that was hard to find, and the MFT screen didn't miss a beat switching back and forth while my wife "Played" with everything along the way. Again, in short, our Ford Explorer is exactly the vehicle we were hoping for, and exactly the vehicle that fits our needs. We are looking forward to seeing how it performs in the heavy rains we have in Louisiana, because our Mustang is HORRIBLE in the rain. More updates to follow.

Well, it finally arrived! We are now the proud owners of our 2015 Explorer Sport! We picked it up from the dealer on friday evening. Before I get started let me just say that these opinions are my own, and I know that opinions vary, but I feel that I should share my experience so far. First I would like to thank Crystal, the Ford Rep on this forum, for all of her help giving us tracking information from the day we ordered it to the time it arrived at the dealer. She responded to EVERY PM we sent her in a very timely manner and was a great help to us during the wait...

You're very welcome, odyssey24; I'm so happy to hear your Explorer arrived! I'll give your dealership a digital "pat-on-the-back" by documenting your feedback; just PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, dealership info, and any specifics you'd like me to include. I'll get this entered into our system. :thumbsup:

Crystal

One month and 2000 miles and our Explorer Sport continues to be flawless. We have driven it in heavy Louisiana downpours on highways where ponding of water causes hydroplaning, and the Explorer never once felt out of control. I have to admit, I wasn't too keen on the Hankook stock tires before actually driving on them, but they are quiet, and very effective in heavy rain compared to the tires on my other vehicles. The ride is smooth, although I'm not sure if it's the tires or the suspension. There have been no bad smells coming from the exhaust, and and the Carbon Monoxide meter that I carry with me on random trips always registers 0 ppm, even during 4000 rpm acceleration onto interstate onramps. in short, we continue to LOVE our Explorer Sport. Zero Issues and counting :)

Glad to see that you are enjoying your Ex!!!:thumbsup:
As I am writing, we are fixing to get some of that rain you were talking about.
I have the Michelin's on mine and can tell you that they are a great tire. Over 30K miles and the tires have very little wear,handle, & ride just like they did when they were new. I hope you get some good service & life from the Hankooks.

It's not often I go to Sulfur anymore since my brother in law passed away (he lived in Edgerly), but maybe I will see you on the road one day. When I first got my 5th gen Ex, you hardly saw one on the roads, but now they are everywhere! LOL

Good Luck with your Ex!!:)

"As I am writing, we are fixing to get some of that rain."

Only in the South do we say fixing to instead of going to.

Thanks for the memories.

Getting to try out those heated seats this week! This vehicle is spoiling me and the wife rotten... now she dosen't want to drive her Mustang anywhere. Uses any and all excuses to take the Explorer.... I don't know how I ever drove without Adaptive Cruise control. It sucks when I have to use my 95 Chevy Pickup to do anything :)

Back