jzedder

Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015, Ford Police Utility
Hello,

I have the 2015 PIU (Police Interceptor Utility) non sync

I put in a 2014 Ford Explorer Civilian console. It has the media hub in there with USB and AUX.
I dont care about the USB port much, I only care about the AUX.

How do I manage to wire that if possible?
What is the wiring?
Will the AUX button work when I wire everything?

I'm tired of using the trash radio transmitter! :)

Thank you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Volksjager

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 PIU 3.5 EB
When I took the radio and CD player out I didn’t see anything you could connect into. I have the same console but whoever put it in kinda a made a mess of things. The only thing that works is one of the power outlets in the back of the console.

I got tired of using the radio transmitter too. I went with the metra kit and put a double din radio in. I have zero regrets and it was a pretty easy install.

jzedder

Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015, Ford Police Utility
When I took the radio and CD player out I didn’t see anything you could connect into. I have the same console but whoever put it in kinda a made a mess of things. The only thing that works is one of the power outlets in the back of the console.

I got tired of using the radio transmitter too. I went with the metra kit and put a double din radio in. I have zero regrets and it was a pretty easy install.

I'm trying to install this metra kit in, it doesn't give me any power what so ever.... please help? Been messing with it for 4 hours.

Volksjager

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 PIU 3.5 EB
I'm trying to install this metra kit in, it doesn't give me any power what so ever.... please help? Been messing with it for 4 hours.

Did you figure it out? The Metra instructions has the key to what each color wire is for.

Dennis J.A.A.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Orfordville
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Interceptor

Do you have pics of it and a link maybe?
I heard that it has to be programmed for the larger screen. True or not?
I have a 2017 PIU

Volksjager

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 PIU 3.5 EB
Do you have pics of it and a link maybe?
I heard that it has to be programmed for the larger screen. True or not?
I have a 2017 PIU
This was on a pre-2016. 2017’s are different. I have a 2017 now but i still haven’t gotten the larger android touch screen. Someone else on here has and iirc he said it was plug and play. I bought a connector on ebay so i could add rca outs and hook up my sub. Been thinking about adding the larger android touchscreen but i think i want wheels first.