jzedder

Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015, Ford Police Utility
Hello,

I have the 2015 PIU (Police Interceptor Utility) non sync

I put in a 2014 Ford Explorer Civilian console. It has the media hub in there with USB and AUX.
I dont care about the USB port much, I only care about the AUX.

How do I manage to wire that if possible?
What is the wiring?
Will the AUX button work when I wire everything?

I'm tired of using the trash radio transmitter! :)

Thank you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When I took the radio and CD player out I didn’t see anything you could connect into. I have the same console but whoever put it in kinda a made a mess of things. The only thing that works is one of the power outlets in the back of the console.

I got tired of using the radio transmitter too. I went with the metra kit and put a double din radio in. I have zero regrets and it was a pretty easy install.

When I took the radio and CD player out I didn’t see anything you could connect into. I have the same console but whoever put it in kinda a made a mess of things. The only thing that works is one of the power outlets in the back of the console.

I got tired of using the radio transmitter too. I went with the metra kit and put a double din radio in. I have zero regrets and it was a pretty easy install.

I'm trying to install this metra kit in, it doesn't give me any power what so ever.... please help? Been messing with it for 4 hours.

I'm trying to install this metra kit in, it doesn't give me any power what so ever.... please help? Been messing with it for 4 hours.

Did you figure it out? The Metra instructions has the key to what each color wire is for.

Do you have pics of it and a link maybe?
I heard that it has to be programmed for the larger screen. True or not?
I have a 2017 PIU

Do you have pics of it and a link maybe?
I heard that it has to be programmed for the larger screen. True or not?
I have a 2017 PIU
This was on a pre-2016. 2017’s are different. I have a 2017 now but i still haven’t gotten the larger android touch screen. Someone else on here has and iirc he said it was plug and play. I bought a connector on ebay so i could add rca outs and hook up my sub. Been thinking about adding the larger android touchscreen but i think i want wheels first.

Back