• Register Today It's free!

2015 PIU front speakers off.

SauldM

Reaction score
City, State
Carteret
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Piu
Is there a forscan setting to enable front speakers or something else.I tested speakers and harness is connected. Rear speakers work . Please help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is there a forscan setting to enable front speakers or something else.I tested speakers and harness is connected. Rear speakers work . Please help.
How did you test the speakers? Did you hook them up to another audio source? If you did and the worked, then perhaps the harness is not supplying a signal.

Peter

How did you test the speakers? Did you hook them up to another audio source? If you did and the worked, then perhaps the harness is not supplying a signal.

Peter
I removed all door panels and checked speakers and they are good. I tested the harness behind the radio for sound it only supplies rear speakers, no sound out for front speakers behind harness. How do I correct it?

Silly question but in the interest of completeness, did you check the radio front/rear balance control?

Silly question but in the interest of completeness, did you check the radio front/rear balance control?
Yes I did, when turned to rear works fine, but to front speakers no sound.
It's bugging the heck out of me.

The PIU has as part of its factory harness a place where the front speakers wiring can be broken to allow radios and other devices to tap into the speakers as pass thru or dedicated to that equipment. To restore the connection you will need to locate this wiring and reconnect it. My car came from suburb of Chicago and they did not cut that harness but I saw it in the upfitters guide, I believe its located behind the AC controls with all the other upfitter connections.

The PIU has as part of its factory harness a place where the front speakers wiring can be broken to allow radios and other devices to tap into the speakers as pass thru or dedicated to that equipment. To restore the connection you will need to locate this wiring and reconnect it. My car came from suburb of Chicago and they did not cut that harness but I saw it in the upfitters guide, I believe its located behind the AC controls with all the other upfitter connections.
They cut so many wires on these vehicles to tie radios and computers and other gadgets in. I will remove the radio and sides to verify the wires. You probably 100% correct. Will let you know with follow up. Thank's

Ya.. your going to find all sorts of wiring messes in these cars if you bought them outside retail. I removed 150lbs of wiring but got lucky that the outfitter that the police used used all plug and play hardware. They only modified the harness in two places, where the horn is which are the purple wires just hanging out under the front console, and they cut a power feed to tap into because i guess they couldn't find the right connector even though it was in the glove box the whole time.

Back