2015 PIU Mysterious side lights | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

2015 PIU Mysterious side lights

SanSebek

Reaction score
City, State
Brzeg
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015,Explorer Interceptor
Hello everyone ;)
i'm new here and recently became a PIU 2015 owner and i am looking for sides (Driver&Pass.) lights, like on the picture.
I have no idea what lights were there before.
I am asking for help in finding or some idea to replace these lamps.

04. lewy bok kierunkowskaz.jpg

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I just went through all the pictures in the Photo thread and non of the PIUs had a light at the location pictured. Perhaps it was something that the detachment had added after getting the vehicle. I guess you could add a type of 'clearance' light there or put one in there that is hooked up to the turn signal. Many automotive stores carry all kinds of lights that might fit.

Peter

<

SanSebek

Reaction score
City, State
Brzeg
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015,Explorer Interceptor
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I just went through all the pictures in the Photo thread and non of the PIUs had a light at the location pictured. Perhaps it was something that the detachment had added after getting the vehicle. I guess you could add a type of 'clearance' light there or put one in there that is hooked up to the turn signal. Many automotive stores carry all kinds of lights that might fit.

Peter
Thanks Peter for the message and tips,
I thought so too, because I did not find PIU with such lights anywhere. I even wrote to the Enfield Police Department that was using it, but no one replied to my e-mails.
Do you know any specific online store where I could match or ask?
(I found one
Ford Police Interceptor Utility 2013-2019 Police, Emergency Lights, Sirens, Equipment, Light Bars
but on my inquiry, they didn't answer ..

If I find and fit the turn signals as additional lights,
can I connect them to the circuit of the front turn signals? Or rather make a new circuit for the new side turn signals?
A simpler method and definitely faster is to buy stickers, emblems, what do you think about it?
Have a nice day, afternoon or evening;)
Sebastian

<

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign