2015 sport Headrest covers

expoman55

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Parrish FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Exp Sport, 2019 f150
I wanting to remove my 15 sport headrest covers and have a custom logo and design stitched in. Does anyone have any tips or technics to do this? I have searched the forum and cannot find any threads however would love to have any tips any of you would be able to share.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I haven't really looked at the headrests that closely to see if it can be done. In any case, this hasn't been brought up here before. Interesting idea though.

Peter

Hi peter,
I have to believe the covers are replaceable as they are openable so to speak . So I would think if ya can open them there has to be a way LOL.. Perhaps I will buy a used one from a scrap yard to use as a donner. LOL.

I think they just "clip" together at the bottom. It's plastic, so be careful not to break it.

Thanks Jon . Yes they do "hook" closed with a plastic hook.. the other half of cover seems to be anchored in foam so I have tfind out how to get it loose with out breaking or tearing it. argh..I do wan to reuse cover after embroidering a logo on it.

Thanks Jon . Yes they do "hook" closed with a plastic hook.. the other half of cover seems to be anchored in foam so I have tfind out how to get it loose with out breaking or tearing it. argh..I do wan to reuse cover after embroidering a logo on it.

At least you know they are replaceable, so worst case, you could order new ones to have embroidered.

Update: unclip ( carefully) pull other side of clip from foam slot, pull 2 tree style plastic rivots to reuse. then carfully stretch slightly and pull off inching a little at a time. Just a little patience on my part was required.. Found part number for replacement skin on ford web site as well.

Back