2015 Sport will not start even with jump! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Sport will not start even with jump!

Et1sw47

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Liberty Twp, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
Hey Gang,

I went to leave work last night. My Sport would not start. Acted like the battery was almost completely dead.

One thing I noticed went I parked the car to go into work was the locks would NOT lock with the door button however my remote did lock the door. I went into work.

Here are symptoms upon coming out of work and what I have done so far and my next step.

-Car would not respond to remote I had to use emergency key to get in.

-Interior lights come on when entering.

-Center console lights up but stays blank/white screen.

-Dashboard screen shows the same but, on the left "white" screen it shows the mileage in lower left corner.

-No response from push start, with or without foot on the brake.

-Light and brake lights come on.

- Thinking the battery was dead, I tried jump starting with no result.

-Disconnected the battery cables and cleaned as good as I could, as it looked like there was some corrosion on terminals.

- Tried jumping again, no luck.

- intermittently through this process, sometimes door locks work. Remotes were able to activate door locks.

- Thinking it is a battery issue, I removed the battery and took it home to test. It tested good with my AutoXray tester. 12.65 volts at 1035 CCA.

- It is a 45 min drive back to work to give a "proper" terminal cleaning. I am afraid that it will not work.

Are there any ideas I could consider before I head back to put the battery in? I'm thinking maybe replace the battery cables. It looks like the power cable goes to multiple places. Any advice on replacing the cables will be helpful as well!

Thanks.

Update...

Ok...battery checks out 13.4 volts.

-I replaced the positive fuse box. The result is only that the interior lights are brighter and the car unlocked as I went to open it.

- The lock buttons do not operate the locks but, I can hear a clicking under the dash.

- The key fob does operate the locks.

- When I try to remote start, I here some noises under the dash but nothing else.

- When pushing the start button without pressing the brake, nothing happens. No, lights, no sounds.

- I have never noticed this before but the radio and sync screen can be turned on and off with the radio power button.

Any ideas??

low voltage? some bad ground somewhere? dunno.

Back