2015 XLT to Sport appearance project | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 XLT to Sport appearance project

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Installed trailer hitch with 7 pin wiring harness everything works and trailer sway control activates once trailer is connected

68FEF73E-649A-4161-918C-4F0206C32591_zps1i6ba7uy.jpg

Nice work, looks good!

I've noticed the factory 'Appearance Package' has been eliminated on the 2016 model.

Peter

finished her up today, it was a fun project lol

-sport grill
-sport headlights
-sport taillights
-plasti dip rear chrome trim
-explorer hood letters
-gold plated calipers front and rear
-20" black wheels
-265/50 tires
-mud flaps
-OEM trailer hitch
-OEM 7 pin trailer wiring

IMG_6809_zpsukvr5alf.jpg

IMG_6800_zpsykafj2uq.jpg

IMG_6803_zpsfhbglzac.jpg

IMG_6805_zps2yabf6ig.jpg

Are those OEM mud flaps? I thought they had the Ford logo on them.

Welcome to the Forum Chedda7. :wavey:
The OEM splash guards I had on my Explorer had the logo only on the rear ones.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Chedda7. :wavey:
The OEM splash guards I had on my Explorer had the logo only on the rear ones.

Peter

Thanks! The wife just got a 15 Sport and I am wanting to trick it out. Mud flaps are on the list but I was put off by the colored Ford logo. The flaps that Boss302R has look great.

Thanks! The wife just got a 15 Sport and I am wanting to trick it out. Mud flaps are on the list but I was put off by the colored Ford logo. The flaps that Boss302R has look great.
The logo on mine was the same colour as the guard. Perhaps they have changed.

Peter

Attachments

• P7190352a.jpg
    P7190352a.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 547

That actually looks nice. I may pick a pair up and see how they look. Is http://accessories.ford.com/ the best place to get OEM parts like that?
There are probably several after market sites. Here is a link to the product on one of our site vendors;
http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/ford-explorer-splash-guards-molded-rear-p-293.html
Although they are $10 cheaper, I don't know about the shipping costs. I had mine supplied and installed free by the dealer as part of the deal.

Peter

Black emblems!

Your Explorer looks good:thumbsup:

when i installed my hitch i decided to do a little fun video of it, im sure it might come in handy for someone else. I decided to replace my stock wiring hardness with a OEM 7 pin wiring harness as well to give it the 100% factory install, im very happy how it turned out.

The hitch comes with the manual and comes with the tow hitch cover and some extra bolts to mount it.

Hopefully this will give you a better idea of the whole process and you can DIY.

Back