2015 XSport Engine Lag | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 XSport Engine Lag

mrward83

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Hello. I've been experiencing lag in my explorer upon acceleration. The engine smoothly run up to 3k RPM then holds itself back for a few seconds. The end result is a sudden surge of power. After researching it a bit on this and other forums I initially though the issue to be associated with the charged air cooler reported in earlier 3.5l. My second thought was an issue with the waste gate solenoid. Premium gas only and I have thrown in a bottle of Amsoil P.I. every 5k miles. Thus far I have taken it to my dealership and they were unable to duplicate the issue. They also stated there were no codes when monitoring it during their 1.2 mile test drive. Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so what, if any, resolution is available?

Hello. I've been experiencing lag in my explorer upon acceleration. The engine smoothly run up to 3k RPM then holds itself back for a few seconds. The end result is a sudden surge of power. After researching it a bit on this and other forums I initially though the issue to be associated with the charged air cooler reported in earlier 3.5l. My second thought was an issue with the waste gate solenoid. Premium gas only and I have thrown in a bottle of Amsoil P.I. every 5k miles. Thus far I have taken it to my dealership and they were unable to duplicate the issue. They also stated there were no codes when monitoring it during their 1.2 mile test drive. Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so what, if any, resolution is available?
Have you checked out the following thread? http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/2014-sport-engine-hesitation-stumble.400727/

Peter

Back